To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform scheduled planned maintenance (P.M.) on Earthmoving/Ag equipment both on-site and in
- Planned maintenance consists of:
- Maintain accurate and detailed records of work performed.
- Oil and filter replacement in a timely manner.
- Oil sampling of all major compartments.
- Proper disposal of waste oil and used filters.
- Ability to inspect machine while servicing and provide potential repair list.
- Constant communication with customers in a positive and pro-active manner.
- Complete and turn in documentation and PM checklist on a daily basis.
- Transport waste oil and keep detailed records of manifest documentation.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and five years of heavy equipment experience are required.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- Ability to write service reports.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtracts, multiply and divides in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to learn systems such as SIS, email, Microsoft Word
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle and feel objects, tools, and controls and to reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee frequently works in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration. The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Hourly rate of pay as negotiated with Operating Engineers, Local #3. Excellent company-paid benefits including medical, dental, retirement, vacations and holidays.
Apply on-line at www.holtca.com
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.See job description