Holt of California is proud to be part of the elite group of Caterpillar dealers worldwide. The "Caterpillar" name originated in 1904 by inventor Benjamin Holt in Stockton, CA. Today, Caterpillar Inc. is headquartered in Peoria, Illinois and is a Fortune 100 Company. At Holt of California, we provide jobs for approximately 750 employees working to bring equipment solutions for the diverse needs of our customers. We sell and service a wide-variety of equipment including: Large and Small Construction Tractors, Agricultural Equipment, Forklifts, Racking Systems, Telescopic Handlers, Prime and Stand-by-Power Generation, UPS Systems and On-Highway Truck Engines. In addition, we rent Caterpillar and Other Preferred Manufactured Equipment for contractors.
Holt of California is seeking a qualified Automotive Mechanic to repair and maintain electric, diesel, and gasoline industrial trucks. We are looking for Mechanics in the Central California area including Redding, Yuba City, Sacramento, Stockton, and Modesto.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reads job order and observes, listens, and diagnoses all types of industrial equipment.
- Installs new ignition systems, changes or recharges batteries, and replaces transmission and other parts.
- Examines protective guards, loose bolts, and specified safety devices on trucks, and makes adjustments.
- Lubricates moving parts and drives repaired truck to verify conformance to specifications.
- Must posse’s basic working knowledge of electric left truck operating systems (i.e., micro-command, EV-1, EV-100 drive and control systems.)
- Fabricates special lifting or towing attachments, hydraulic systems shields, or other devices according to blueprints or schematic drawings.
- Remove and rebuild transmissions and differentials.
- Repair documentation and paperwork completed and turned in on a daily basis.
- Remove and replace engines.
- Perform complete brake repairs and adjustments.
- Diagnose and repair hydraulic systems.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- 3 year(s): Automotive and truck repair.
- High School Diploma or GED or better
- Class C Driver License
- Write Simple Instructions
- Read Simple Instructions
- Basic Computer Skills
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.See job description