Founded in 1919, Holt Construction is celebrating over 100 years in business with our 3rd generations of Holt family leadership. Holt thrives on its reputation as a quality construction company that maintains its core values and “family” atmosphere while providing the best services to our clients.
Our team’s experience, training and backgrounds have allowed us to work within the most sensitive markets, including data centers, Class A secure buildings, airports as well as the healthcare and pharmaceutical industries for over 80 years. Many of Holt’s employees have been with the company for over 25 years which is a true indication of our particular core values and business approach. Our extensive project portfolio and repeat clientele are testament to our quality of work and ability to develop and maintain long-term client relationships.
Holt’s management philosophy is to be managers of the construction process, not just overseers and recorders of the process. We pride ourselves in working with owners and all team members in a collaborative process to provide cost-effective solutions to the numerous roadblocks that may be encountered during design and construction to ensure successful project execution.
Holt Construction is actively seeking Director of Business Development to join our family. The Director of Business Development serves a vital function in the growth of Holt. The Director of Business Development is responsible for generating profitable revenue by sourcing new customers and accounts, growing and retaining existing accounts, and providing unmatched customer service.
- Acquisition of new leads and management of the full pursuit until award or loss
- Incorporating appropriate internal team members into all pursuits
- On average, 1 to 3 after hours industry events, client entertainment or meetings per week
- Conversion of client prospects into successful business relationships
- Client and networking event management
- Utilize research from internal and external data sources to gain competitive advantage to spearhead cold calling initiatives
- Understanding of internal and external research tools, and ways to analyze this research data into leads
- Actively solicit bid requests from owners, landlords, owners’ reps, architects and others involved in construction projects that meet Holt’s strategic interests and core capabilities
- Oversee the preparation of proposals in response to such bid requests
- Lead the efforts as needed to prepare the team for client interviews and take an active role in these interviews as appropriate
- Maintain strong marketplace awareness of potential construction projects that are part of Holt’s strategic plans and core competencies
- Ensure that Holt is well represented in discussions with owners and consultants and there is a strong pipeline of future work
- Report on sales results, market conditions, or account metrics with firms CRM software. Should be able to negotiate contracts within established guidelines
- Attend weekly sales and marketing meetings and report to President with prospects and status updates
- Minimum five years-experience performing business development or marketing activities for real estate, architectural or construction related firms
- Knowledge of the NYC real estate brokerage community
- Ability to cold call prospective leads, and convert leads into new business opportunities
- Interpersonal and selling skills for developing client leads into successful business relationships
- Proficient computer skills
- Team player, willing to share information and leads across the enterprise
Holt Construction Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age