Director of Education
Holocaust Documentation & Education Center, Inc. Dania Beach, FL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Holocaust Documentation and Education Center (HDEC), Inc., located in Dania Beach, Florida, is seeking a Director of Education, who is a highly-motivated, creative and skilled professional with wide-ranging knowledge of the Holocaust to become part of our devoted and dedicated team. Founded in 1980 as a non-denominational, non-for-profit institution, the HDEC has the following two-fold mission:
To document and present an enduring, historically accurate record of the Holocaust, through eyewitness accounts by Survivors, Liberators, Rescuers and others who survived terrifying experiences, overcame fear and grief, and triumphed to live meaningful and productive lives.
To teach people of all walks of life the universal lessons of the Holocaust, through thought-provoking exhibitions and insightful programming, illuminating the catastrophic ramifications of prejudice, racism, stereotyping and bullying which tragically still occur today.
This is accomplished through the cultivation of alliances and cooperation with individuals, organizations and institutions, locally, nationally, and internationally.
- Master’s degree preferred. Strong knowledge of Holocaust history
- Teaching, training and public speaking experience necessary
- Administrative experience with strong organizational abilities
- Communication skills (both oral and written)
- Spanish a plus
- Ability to implement key Educational Outreach Programs on site and online
- Knowledge of memorabilia, artifacts and historical photographs
- Familiar with importance and significance of first-hand eye witness testimony and working with our extraordinary volunteer family, especially our Survivors
- Grant writing
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, Word Press, etc. Experience with additional applications would be a plus
Holocaust Documentation & Education Center, Inc.Why Work Here?
Great benefits, unique opportunity to work with Holocaust Survivors and impact the community!
The Holocaust Documentation and Education Center (HDEC), Inc., located in Dania Beach, Florida, is a unique organization in the midst of building South Florida’s first Holocaust Museum. HDEC has been in existence for over 40 years bringing the lessons learned from the Holocaust to students and the community by a robust variation of programming such as year-round student symposiums, speaker’s bureau, contests, online education, traveling exhibits, oral history collection, and much more! HDEC’s mission is to preserve, protect, and perpetuate the authentic memory of the Holocaust through documentation, commemoration, and education so that the Legacy of the Holocaust will become an “Imperative to Remember.”
303 N Federal Highway Dania BeachDania Beach, FL