HVAC installers perform various functions such as installation, servicing, and preventive maintenance for residential, industrial, and commercial systems. This is mostly a hands-on position that requires traveling to all contracted sites to complete the full scope and/or other duties as assigned.
1. Perform installation of HVAC related equipment following company policies and manufacturer’s specifications in accordance to EPA Guidelines;
2. Carry out wiring of both low and line voltage to cooling and heating equipment;
3. Perform installation of copper refrigerant lines to air conditioning units, including brazing and soldering;
4. Perform installation of flex and sheet metal duct systems in light commercial and residential buildings;
5. Ensure connection of gas lines to heating equipment is safely and properly completed;
6. Determine the right material needed for installation work by pre-measuring jobs;
7. Receive all materials and equipment required for each job, confirm and load them into company vehicle;
8. Provide necessary support to other team members to be able to complete tasks on time as instructed by management;
9. Create and maintain cordial and collaborative working relationships with both superiors and co-workers;
10. Ensure all paperwork needed for each job is accurately completed;
11. Carry out readings on machines with the full understanding of the implication of such readings;
12. Ensure assigned company vehicle is kept clean;
13. Perform any other duty that may be directed by management;
14. Assist Manager with investigating complaints of hazardous working conditions and employee safety concerns.