Web press assistant operator
- Posted: over a month ago
- $41,200 to $43,000 Yearly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Job Summary: Assists machine operator by performing the following duties. Help operator with set-ups, gather components, quality checks, hang rolls and packaging. Assist with light maintenance. Operates machine in absence of operator.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Read job ticket/BOM to ensure correct components are gathered.
Assists operator in monitoring operation of equipment to ensure efficient and effective operation.
Assists operator in Analyzing, identifying and correcting problems using appropriate tools and resources.
Ensures finished goods meet or exceed specifications.
Assists operator in ensuring equipment is properly maintained.
Take direction from operator.
Inspect/measure product to verify specifications are met using quality tools.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
· Oral Communication - Listens and gets clarification.
· Written Communication - Able to read and interpret written information. Able to write clear and concise notes for other operators.
· Ethics - Upholds organizational values.
· Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Supports organization's goals and values.
· Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently.
· Professionalism - Accepts responsibility for own actions.
· Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
· Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Strives to increase productivity.
· Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
· Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment.
· Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
· Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
· Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
· Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to perform these operations using units of American weight measurement. Ability to read a ruler.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one-or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands repetitively to finger, handle, grip or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, talk and hear. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 - 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus with attention to detail.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Hearing protection is required.
Holmberg Co. Inc.
4155 Berkshire Lane North Plymouth MN 55446Plymouth, MN
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?