- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
The Senior Buyer is responsible for all aspects of materials sourcing, procurement, and supplier management for the development, manufacturing and delivery of systems, components, and services in support of the company’s overall mission and goals.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Negotiates with Suppliers for good and services, negotiating the best possible price, delivery, and services for the company.
- Updates Item Master data to ensure part and Supplier information is current.
- Reviews Purchase Requisitions for appropriate approvals and Finance appropriation account numbers.
- Finalizes transactional details of Purchase Orders and deliveries
- Reconcile & approve Invoice Discrepancies and approve Supplier payments.
- Work with Internal and External Stakeholders on formulation of Annual Spend Plan, aligned to company strategic objectives.
- Work with Custom Clearance Agencies and Freight Forwarder Broker Accounts to clear shipments and arrange shipment deliveries.
- Work with internal stakeholders to determine parts outsourcing opportunities to reduce Machine Shop capacity issues.
- Collaborate with Quality Department for Supplier adherence to part specifications; facilitate Return Material Authorizations (RMA) and Non-conformance (NC) Issues.
- Develops new supply sources for material redundancy and transition from non-satisfactory performing Suppliers. Assists in Supplier Rationalization decisions.
- Negotiates and administers Blanket Purchase Orders where appropriate and monitors release dates and costs during the performance period.
- Works closely with Receiving Department to ensure proper supplies arrived.
- Performs follow-up on late deliveries, expedites shipments to support manufacturing targets.
- Advises Leadership on a timely basis of Supply Chain challenges, opportunities, and production impacts.
- Complies with safety and corporate guidelines on business ethics.
- Adheres to Corporate policy for investment and approval limits and policies
- Ethical Conduct – Acts with honor in all business dealings.
- Strong communication skills – Communicates with all levels of organizations appropriately. Knows when written or verbal dialog is most efficient and effective.
- Ability to influence – Persuades others in positive ways to see different and varied points of view.
- Active listening skills – Gives full attention to what other people are saying, takes time to understand the points being made, asks questions as appropriate, and does not interrupt at inappropriate times.
- Relationship building – Develops constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintains them over time
- Business Acumen- Understands the potential business implications of decisions being made.
- Social & Cultural Perceptiveness – Is aware of others' reactions and has empathy towards why people may react in certain ways.
- Negotiation skills – Considers the needs of Holmatro and the customer and brings them together to create solutions that work for all parties.
- Critical Thinking – Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Teamwork – Knows that things can turn out better when you work as a team. Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Attention to Detail – Demonstrates accuracy in all matters. Is timely, precise, and efficient with commercial communication and documentation.
Required Education and Experience
- B.A or B.S. degree in business-related area
- In lieu of a Bachelor’s degree, a high school diploma/GED and a minimum of 10 years of purchasing experience will be considered.
- Five to eight years of sourcing and purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Proven background of supplier management with offshore supplier management.
- Excellent leadership and communications skills required.
- Experience using an Advanced Planning System (APS) or Manufacturing Reporting System (MRP) a plus
Preferred Education and Experience
- Knowledge and prior use of INFOR and CSI a plus.
- Experience in materials and logistics management preferred.
- Knowledge of Customs clearance and Freight Forwarding procedures preferred.
- Knowledge of Warehouse operations a plus.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
This position may require up to 5% travel.
Holmatro Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Holmatro Group, founded in 1967 in the Netherlands, is a leading private company that provides hydraulic equipment and services. More than 380 employees work at the Holmatro Group, which has established its division offices in the Netherlands, the United States and China. From our head office in the Netherlands, we serve all our customers in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Oceania, East and Southeast Asia, and South America. Our customers in North and Central America are served by our office in the US. From our China office, we are ready to assist our customers on Mainland China and in Hong Kong and Macao.
HolmatroWhy Work Here?
Our employees have enthusiasm and passion to deliver the highest quality products to our customers so that they can save lives.
Holmatro hydraulic equipment and system solutions are used worldwide in rescue operations and special tactics operations. These types of applications require reliable and safe equipment under all circumstances. To guarantee that Holmatro users can carry out their specialist work in an optimal fashion, we aim to be the best-in-class market leader by deploying pioneering technology. Holmatro Group, founded in 1967 in the Netherlands, is a leading private company that provides hydraulic equipment and services. More than 380 employees work at the Holmatro Group, which has established its division offices in the Netherlands, the United States and China. From our head office in the Netherlands, we serve all our customers in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Oceania, East and Southeast Asia, and South America. Our customers in North and Central America are served by our office in the US. From our China office, we are ready to assist our customers on Mainland China and in Hong Kong and Macao.
505 McCormick Drive Glen BurnieBaltimore, MD
BusinessView all jobs at Holmatro