Clinical Social Worker Per Diem Evenings
- $55 to $61 Hourly
CHA Hollywood Presbyterian (CHA HPMC) is a nationally recognized acute care facility that has been caring for the Hollywood community and Los Angeles Areas since 1924.
Join our Global Network and be a CHA Global Ambassador
CHA HPMC is also a part of the world-renown CHA Health System (CHS). CHS has CHA University which consists of 14 education institutions including medical school, nursing school and pharmacy. CHA global network operates 81 hospitals and specialty clinics, 30 research and 31 bio/pharmaceutical/healthcare companies with 14,000 employees in seven countries.
Our New Facility is seeking for Top Talents
The best women’s hospital in Los Angeles is looking for current RN candidates to staff Operating Room, Emergency Department, Labor & Delivery and Mother-Baby care units to be housed in our expanding new patient tower facility scheduled to open next year. Come be a part of this dedicated and caring team right in the heart of Hollywood.
Counseling and psychosocial services are provided to the patients, their families, significant others to meet their medically related social and emotional needs as they impinge on their medical condition, treatment, recovery and safe transition from one care environment to another
- Demonstrates knowledge of age specific care, including but not limited to, identifying the need for additional safety measures, physiological normal values / reading; and assessing skin integrity, behavior, motor skills and / or activities that place patients at risk as well as communicates effectively in a clear, concise, understandable manner. Applicable for the populations checked below: Infant (x) Pediatric (x) Adult (x) Geriatric (x)
- Verbalizes and/or demonstrates knowledge of clinical information and practicing essential to assuring provision of age-specific care to infants, pediatric, adult, and geriatrics.
- Enhances professional growth and development through the participation in education programs, staff meetings, in-services/workshops and successful completion and maintenance of required certifications of specialty areas.
- Assesses the patient's social, emotional, functional, and financial needs and provides brief psychosocial counseling and crisis intervention to assist patients and family to cope with changes related to hospitalization and/or medical condition.
- Acts as a liaison and advocate for patient's and family.
- Makes referrals to community agencies pertinent to patient's needs.
- Performs high risk screening for obstetrics, prenatal, post-partum, neo-natal, and pediatric area, as well as suicidal/overdose, oncology, and AIDS patients.
- Assesses and reports cases of suspected abuse/neglect to the Department of Children and Family Services, Adult Protective Services or LAPD as indicated.
- Assists with discharge planning to patients with complex psychosocial issues.
- Collects and revises information on community health and welfare resources.
- Documents all interventions in the medical record and completes required statistics.
- Serves as preceptor to MSW student interns.
Master's Degree of Social Work from an accredited school of social work
Minimum Work Experience and Qualifications:
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- One (1) year experience as a Social Worker in an acute hospital or related field. This may include professional as well as field work experience.
- CPI training required within first 30 days of hire.
Preferred Work Experience and Qualifications:
CCS paneled provider preferred
Required Licensure, Certification, Registration or Designation:
- BLS card
- Fire card
Shift Hours: 3:00pm - 11:30pm
Weekly Hours: 16
Type/Status: Per Diem
Hollywood PresbyterianLos Angeles, CA
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.