The Executive Sous Chef is responsible for all aspects of the kitchen such as menu plans, operations, recipes, financial responsibility, portion and inventory control, food quality, and employee supervision. The Executive Sous Chef provides leadership training and hands-on management of the kitchen staff. The Executive Sous Chef is in charge of executing the food in the main kitchen, follows menu design and kitchen creativity and is responsible for growing and developing the product and profitability of the food service program. The Executive Sous Chef provides a consistent product and experience achieving revenue targets and managing costs as well as ensures all staff under direct supervision are focused and demonstrating a Member Centric attitude and culture. In addition to maintaining our vision by adhering to our values and management principles, this position must provide the highest level of service to our members.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
The Executive Sous Chef is responsible to assist the Executive Chef with overall kitchen operation as a successful independent profit center, ensuring maximum member satisfaction, through planning, organizing, directing, and controlling the Kitchen operation and administration. Exhibits culinary talents by personally performing tasks while assisting in leading the staff and managing all food related functions. Also assists in supervising all kitchen areas to ensure a consistent, high quality product is produced.
Executive Sous Chef Duties and Responsibilities:
· Interacts with members to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
· Responds to and handles member’s complaints.
· Able to make recommendations to the Executive Chef regarding succession planning.
· To be aware of all financial budgets and goals.
· To ensure that members are always receiving an exceptional dining experience representing true value for money.
· Ensure that all recipes and product yields are accurately costed and reviewed regularly.
· Ensure that all food items are prepared as per standard recipe cards whilst maintaining portion control and minimizing waste.
· Ensure that food stock levels within the culinary department areas are of sufficient quantity and quality in relevance to the club house occupancy and function forecasts.
· Ensure that chefs are always in clean tidy uniforms and are always presentable to be in member view.
· Ensure that all food preparation equipment is being used safety and correctly and that it is cleaned and maintained.
· Ensure that all culinary operations manuals are prepared and updated.
· Ensure that the Department’s overall operational budgets are strictly adhered too.
· Ensure that the culinary department adheres to all HollyTree’s policies and procedures.
· Ensure that a consistent first-class product of the highest quality is achieved and maintained in all culinary areas, whilst adhering to operational deadlines.
· Ensure that meetings are well planned and results-orientated.
· Creative menu planning and correct food preparation for each outlet and sometimes banquets.
· To work in close conjunction with the Executive Chef to create a yearly marketing Plan for the outlet.
· Ensure that all relevant banquet set-ups are prepared ahead of member’s arrival and in adherence with company standards.
· To fully understand the market needs and desires for each outlet and ensure that the menus are developed to reflect those needs.
· To initiate relevant maintenance reports and work orders supported by the respective follow up of those items actioned.
· To manage associates fairly and take a personal interest in knowing all culinary associates.
· To project a positive and motivated attitude among all associates.
· To spend time in the restaurant to ensure that the operation is managed well by the outlet team.
· To frequently verify that only the highest quality products are used in food preparation.
· To ensure that all food products received into the Main Kitchen are of the required standard and quality and that they are stored and rotated correctly.
· Responsible for the supervision of all stewards and their activities within the culinary department.
· Ensure that weekly work schedules and annual leave planners are administered and filed correctly.
· Ensure that the overall culinary department is motivated and that positive feedback on work performance is given.
· To delegate responsibilities to subordinates as required.
· Coach and counsel employees in a timely manner and in accordance with Company policy.
· To act as manager on duty for the Food and Beverage department as scheduled.
· To recruit and select a suitable culinary team who are able to work within a decentralized management philosophy.
· Identify strengths and weaknesses and provide timely feedback to the individual.
1. Culinary Certificate or Degree by an accredited culinary agency preferred
2. Serve Safe Certification
3. 4-7 years’ experience in a professional busy kitchen, pubs and restaurant environment
4. Able to deliver and exceed the expectations of a highly demanding clientele
5. Ability to obtain and/or maintain any government required licenses, certificates or permits
6. Professional appearance and manner, good character to work in a fast-paced team
7. Positive, honest, and energetic work ethic
Hollytree Country Club
Why Work Here?
Mild paced environment with great hours of operation