Behavior Analyst - Board Certified (BCBA)
Holly Ridge Center Bremerton, WA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position Title: Board Certified Behavior Analyst BCBA
Reports To: ABA Coordinator
Job Summary: Provides individualized, behavior-analytic intervention for ages birth to three years old population within a medical and educational model. Evaluates, assesses, treats, and provides consultation services within an interdisciplinary, family-centered, and culturally diverse system. Develops individual autism services plans and supervises behavior technicians in the implementation of therapeutic programs.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
Performs initial and continuing assessment of client's behavioral repertoires and related skills.
- In collaboration with other staff, determines appropriateness of individual children for HRC's Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) program
- Assesses and determines skill development in the core domains affected by autism spectrum disorder, including behavioral, social-emotional, functional communication, and adaptive skills
- Writes developmentally appropriate goals and objectives to target identified skill deficits in all relevant domains
- Develops and writes Functional Behavior Assessment (FBA) reports for the purpose of individualized program development and in accordance with funding source requirements
- Submits FBAs and other required funding source documentation to the Operations Department in a timely and accurate manner.
Designs, develops, and supervises implementation of behavior-analytic programs for children with autism and related developmental differences.
- Ensures the intensity of intervention is appropriate for the child's developmental level and is sufficient to meet individualized goals; fits intervention to the client-family needs and ensures that intervention occurs as stated in the child's Individual Autism Service Plan (IASP)
- Creates behavior analytic interventions and individualized programs to develop skills in identified areas of need; creates relevant data collection systems; reviews and analyzes data on an on-going basis for the purpose of program progression; adjusts individualized programs as needed to ensure optimal progress toward goal achievement
- Collaborates and coordinates ABA intervention with educators, speech therapists, occupational/physical therapists, medical providers, and other HRC staff, as needed
Provides training and coaching to parents and staff:
- To effectively reduce disruptive behaviors; teach functional replacement skills; and to generalize skills a child acquires through intensive ABA programming to the home, playgroups, and other community environments
- To support staff in remaining current on evidence-based practices for children with Autism spectrum disorders (ASDs) and related disorders
Provides clinical supervision of behavior technicians (BTs)
- Provides clinical supervision to BTs, for a minimum of 5% of total hours where the BT provides 1:1 ABA intervention per client, including two in-person contacts with the BT per each consecutive 30-day period
- Provides continuing education to develop and maintain BT's professional knowledge and applied clinical skills
- Provides direction and support to ensure BTs effectively structure intervention sessions and select or create appropriate program materials
Assists with family resource coordination
- Informs families of advocacy, support services, and other resources as relevant to accessing ABA services in the community
- Provides input for each client's 6-month and annual Individualized Family Service Plan (IFSP) as requested by their family resource coordinator and other team members
- Assists in coordinating the transition process
Maintains current Behavior Analyst Certification Board (BACB) certification and Washington State Behavior Analyst license.
- Engages in continuing education activities as required to maintain professional credentials and to stay abreast of current best practices in the field of applied behavior analysis and autism treatment
- Participates in annual safety & violence prevention and cultural awareness trainings
- Learns and implements latest rehabilitation techniques by attending available in-service training and workshops
- Trains new staff on individual client needs, personalities, goals, and work requirements to ensure quality coverage or caseload transfer.
- Other duties as requested, required, or assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities:
- Education and/or experience specific to infants and toddlers preferred
- Knowledge of applied behavioral analysis
- Knowledge of Early Childhood Special Education preferred
- Knowledge of typical and atypical child development processes
- Ability to supervise and train Behavior Technicians
- Ability to make home visits
- Meeting facilitation skills
- Awareness of family economic and cultural issues as they relate to early intervention
- Knowledge of Washington State Special Education regulations and/or federal early intervention law preferred
- Knowledge of IFSP process preferred
- Effective computer skills, including capabilities working with spreadsheets, graphs, and word processing
- Proficient with Microsoft Windows and MS Office programs
- Ability to pass a criminal history background check
Education, Training, and/or Work Experience:
- Four-year Bachelor's degree from accredited college or university in related field required
Required Licenses or Certifications:
- Current BCBA Certification
- Washington State Behavior Analyst License
- Valid Washington State food worker card
- Valid Washington State driver's license, reliable transportation, and proof of required personal liability insurance
- Must have clean WA State driving record, as defined by HRC's agency insurance policy
- CPR/1st Aid Certification within first 90 days of employment
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Holly Ridge Center
HealthcareView all jobs at Holly Ridge Center