Hollins Management Group, Inc. Upland, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Financial Analyst will be responsible for the preparation, coordination, and documentation of financial analysis projects such as financial and expense performance, rate of return, working capital, and investments. Must have excellent analytical, problem solving, critical thinking, reasoning, technology, and communication skills. The Analyst will report to the Company’s Chief Financial Officer in the corporate office for a fast-growing management company that operates convenience stores in 16 states with 4,000 employees across the United States. Provides analysis for forward-looking financial and business-related projects. Prepares forecasts and analysis of industry trends, sales, finance, general business conditions, and other related areas. Identifies trends and developments in competitive environments and presents findings to senior management. Creates and analyzes monthly, quarterly, and annual reports and ensures financial information has been recorded accurately. May conduct special financial and business-related studies and cooperates with other departments in the preparation of analysis.
· Organizing, writing, formatting, and reviewing reports and assuring timely distribution (reports: include, but are not limited to, consolidated financial statements, corporate budgets, forecasts, budget versus actual analysis, monthly financial reports to stores and cost/profit centers, key performance indicators, Executive Committee slide presentations and weekly cash projections)
· Performs budget-versus-actual analysis results, expenditure trends, departmental budget reviews and monthly variance analysis, recognizing business trends and trend-shifts
· Conducts analysis to identify cause and effect relationships while providing forecasts with insights and implications for current and future operations.
· Identifies potential problem areas as well as budget savings opportunities and takes necessary action to notify senior leadership when warranted
· Provides financial assistance and support such as cost/benefit, return on investment and capital resource analysis for department and corporate projects and activities, including new business opportunities, proposals and bids, major contracts, system conversions, and new product development
· Responsible for complex and comprehensive financial activities or functions including oversight and support in the areas of profitability analysis, operating expense trends, business plan development, budgeting, cost accounting and other areas relating to financial or managerial accounting and analysis
· Develop cost analysis, cost savings and or ROI scenarios in response to department projects initiatives, business objectives or company goals and objectives
· Involved in the direct support of operating department management by designing, developing, and preparing accurate and timely reports and analysis, budgets, and provides financial guidance and general business direction for influencing business decisions and the achievement of strategic goals
1. BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business or Statistics with at least five (5) years of relevant and progressive experience
2. MBA or ASA, along with oil/gas and/or retail industry experience preferred
3. Advanced knowledge of complex PC (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and database software (PDI, COGNOS, Hyperion, SAP BPC, SQL) and systems both as currently used by the Company and alternative industry standards
4. In-depth financial, actuarial, accounting and business knowledge
5. Must be flexible to work outside of traditional business hours. While not designed to overextend the person hired, this is a position that requires some flexibility and availability to converse and engage with work outside of 8-5/M-F
6. Experience working alongside C-Suite executives or equivalent
7. Start-up experience a plus and/or experience in lean and growing organizations, where roles evolve, sometimes swiftly
8. Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and deal with ambiguity and reprioritize tasks in response to unexpected changes in priorities/requests; reacting with appropriate urgency to situations that require a quick turnaround, and taking effective action
9. Demonstrated ability to work with all levels of staff and management both as a self-starter and in a team environment, with skills at presentations and project management
10. Self-motivated with a positive attitude
11. Ability to think analytically and apply analytical techniques and to provide in-depth analysis and recommendations using critical thinking and sound judgment
12. Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with all levels of the work force
13. Demonstrated ability to plan and organize own work, projects, and the work of others in the department, with minimal supervision
14. Ability to work flexible and long hours as required
Hollins Management Group, Inc.Why Work Here?
Family owned and operated for 30 years, we understand our business. We offer spontaneity, growth, and a fast-paced environment.
Hollins Management Group, Inc. manages Anabi Oil, Rebel and hundreds of franchised partnerships across the United States. Find out more about who we are at: https://www.rebelstores.com/contact-us or https://www.anabioil.com
1450 N. Benson Ave.Upland, CA
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Hollins Management Group, Inc.