Holley-Navarre Water System Navarre, FL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Procurement Specialist collaborates with and takes direction from the Director of Procurement. The duties of this position apply to HNWS and its affiliated organizations (MESI, FRUS, and TCHC). The Procurement Specialist will spend time researching and finding suppliers that produce quality items within the budget and ensures that all products meet key business criteria. The Procurement Specialist will be responsible for gathering and preparing documents like quotes, proposals and purchase terms and conditions for the Director of Procurement to review and approve. Once suppliers are hired, the Procurement Specialist will carefully analyze and monitor them and will record their performance. The Procurement Specialist will be one of the supplier’s main points of contact and will answer any questions or address concerns the supplier has.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
· Knowledge of the industry and market conditions
· Impeccable negotiation and problem-solving skills
· Willingness to work long hours as demanded by projects
· Ability to travel to meet vendors and suppliers as necessary
· Maintain compliance with laws, regulatory requirements, and generally accepted standards
· Stay informed about best practices applicable to the industry
· Evaluate processes, identify process gaps, and recommend effective solutions
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and fulfill responsibilities as required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Identifies suppliers of goods and services
· Negotiates terms with suppliers such as price, quality of goods, deadlines, expectations, etc.
· Liaises with suppliers and project managers regarding updates and details of goods
· Creates purchase orders and tallies these with supply requests and orders
· Analyzes invoices to ensure accuracy of goods delivered
· Monitors inventory to ensure the flow of goods remains positive
· Attends meetings with the legal department to ensure any contractual obligations are favorable to the company
· Works closely with the projects team to understand details of procurement requirements
· Maintains par levels and ordering process in accordance
· Recognizes outdates and need to rotate inventory
· Reviews cost proposals and pricing information
· Prepares and administers contracts and purchase orders with specific vendors
· Compares bids from vendors and determines, or assists with determination, to whom contracts will be awarded
· Evaluates vendor proposals to ensure that all requirements are met
· Confirms that terms and delivery dates are accurate
· Evaluates competence of vendors and reviews their invoices for accuracy
· Maintains database regarding vendors performance and quality of products
· Performs other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience
· Bachelors’ degree in a related field preferred
· Three years experience working as a procurement specialist is preferred
Holley-Navarre Water SystemWhy Work Here?
Awesome CEO, 100% paid employee and family Health, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, STD, LTD, Generous PTO, 401k - Match 100% up to 5% for FT
BusinessView all jobs at Holley-Navarre Water System