Supervisor Warehouse - 2nd Shift
Hollander Sleep & Decor Pottsville, PA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
2nd Shift Position
Core hours 3:45PM - 12:15AM Monday through Friday
401K Plus Company Match
BC/BS; Delta Dental; VSP vision and many other benefits
The Warehouse Supervisor assists the Warehouse Distribution Manager in directing of activities of warehouse personnel involved in the receiving and raw material inventory areas. Ensures that all policies and procedures are followed. Assists in overseeing the inbound raw material process and ensure inventory is placed in correct designated areas. Maintain accurate inventory and ongoing cycle count process.
All Hollander Associates are expected to support Operations by working efficiently and maintaining a high level of productivity for the organization to meet and exceed customer demands.
This position places a strong significance on effective teamwork, clear communication, sound judgment, initiative, safety orientation, reliability and a strong work ethic.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise in an efficient manner the space allocated for Raw Material used in the factory overseeing placement of received material.
- Drive efforts to continuously review and improve inventory accuracy and cycle counting programs.
- Successfully navigate through Oracle as needed
- Oversee the investigation and Investigate any significant or unusual adjustments and assess causes of product dispositions/losses
- Assists with the movement of raw materials to production to ensure a smooth production flow.
- Assist with new hires and performance management.
- Promote and follow-up on consistent completion and correct usage of PQS forms for new hires, cross-trained, transferred and performance improvement PQS.
- Work with supervisor in proactively identifying deficiencies, accomplishments, and performance needs
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe work area.
- Keeps an open communication with all associates, supervisors and managers of functional departments.
- Resolves warehouse-related issues with Associates from other departments
- Provides support and coverage for Manager when needed.
All Hollander associates play a crucial role in meeting our customer requirements and are expected after initial training to perform with minimal supervision. Associates may be asked to assist with other duties and work in other departments when needed to meet those requirements.
REQUIREMENTS, SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5 years leadership experience in a manufacturing, warehouse and/or distribution facility.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and/or 6-Sigma Principles
- Experience in Inventory Control and Warehouse Management Systems.
- Ability to communicate with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Computer skills: Experience in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and ERP software (Oracle preferred)
Experience and Proficiency in Competencies necessary to be successful in role:
- Evaluating and Implementing Ideas
- Establishing Relationships
- Results Focused
- Managing Performance
- Engaging Associates & Team Leadership
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate spends most of time standing and walking. This position requires mobility and fast-paced motion. Also, frequently required to use hands to finger, grasp, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and maneuver around production equipment throughout the shift. The Associate is occasionally required to balance, stoop and bends regularly to move/lift material or equipment (typically 65 lbs. or less based on assigned job role).
The ability to hear and see with vision abilities in close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an Associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Manufacturing / Production Floor: While performing the duties of this job, the Associate may be exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate however there may be areas designated as Hearing Protection required and provided earplugs are mandatory in those areas.
Not all areas of the plant and warehouse are climate controlled and exposure to heat and/or cold can occur. The Associate is frequently exposed to dust and floating particles used in the manufacturing, storage and inventory of raw materials and finished goods. EEO/Vet Disabled.
Hollander Sleep & Decor
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Hollander Sleep & Decor