Building Maintenance Engineer
- Posted: 29 days ago
- $22 to $27 Hourly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
***$500 SIGNING BONUS!***
Enriching lives through investment and service is the mission at the core of everything we do at Holladay. The Building Maintenance Engineer supports this mission by supervising and coordinating activities for maintenance of the property, its structures and all associated mechanical, electrical, plumbing and emergency systems as directed by property manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Perform daily building integrity checks. Ensure building and grounds interiors and exteriors are clean and safe. Change HVAC filters
- Basic HVAC knowledge to make minor repairs
- Handle all tenant service requests in a timely manner and informs tenant when the job is completed
- Order supplies, handle wallpaper repairs, fire extinguisher inspections, inspect automatic doors, clean up water spills, patch parking lot, pressure washing, touch-up paint on buildings, stairwells, etc., change light bulbs, stained ceiling tiles and other maintenance duties including plumbing repairs of faucets, toilets, in common areas and tenant spaces as requested by PM
- Meet service vendors and contractors to get bids when needed, quotes for emergency repairs, supervise some tenant finish work after hours, follow up inspections after repairs are made
- Individual maintains current inventory of all building tools, equipment and fixtures in a clean and orderly manner
- Conducts pre and post-construction inspection of Tenant Improvement areas to ensure all mechanical equipment is in working order and adjust to building standards
- Proactive in reporting all alarms or energy systems problems to Director Engineering and Property Manager as instructed
- Daily contact with the general public and must be able to relate to physicians needs and emergency situations in timely manner
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required
- High school diploma with some college or technical training on Mechanical systems
- Universal HVAC certification preferred
- Strong customer service skills, dealing with tenants, administration, vendors
- Position requires four (4) + years’ experience with well-rounded maintenance background in building maintenance, HVAC, plumbing, electrical, air compressors and painting
- Continued education on upgrades to building systems as needed
- Ability to work independently or supervise others as needed
- Good communication skills
- Reliable transportation to travel between buildings and carry supplies
- Valid Driver’s license, proof of insurance and clean MVR report
- Electrical skills needed to replace exit lights, light bulbs and ballast
- Plumbing skills to install faucets, guts for toilets or other minor plumbing needs or supervise installation by Outside Contractors
- Basic HVAC experience
Holladay Mission and Values: All associates are expected to live Holladay’s Mission and Values in their everyday interactions with each other, external clients, and stakeholders as defined below:
- Mission: Enriching lives through investment and service
- ENRICH Values:
- Entrepreneurial – We are empowered to dream and take risks, to challenge conventional wisdom and demand continuous improvement, to innovate, create, and inspire change.
- Nurture – We encourage and support the growth and development of each other, our clients, and our communities.
- Respect - We recognize and acknowledge the inherent value of others.
- Integrity – We do the right thing. We exhibit a consistently high moral compass.
- Community – We are a family. We have fun, serve others, and freely give of our resources. We recognize our responsibility to make our communities and world a better place.
- Health - We support the physical, financial, and professional health and well-being of each other and those we serve.
- Attention to Detail: Able to “zoom in” to detail quickly and accurately; checks information, picks up inconsistencies and mistakes; can make detailed comparisons between similar sources
- Composure: Is cool under pressure; does not become defensive or irritated when times are tough; is considered mature; can be counted on to hold things together during tough times; can handle stress; is not knocked off balance by the unexpected; doesn’t show frustration when resisted of blocked; is a settling influence in a crisis
- Critical Thinking: The ability to think using analysis, evaluation, problem solving, judgement and the creative process; considering the full picture and impact of actions and decisions
- Task Completion: Responds effectively to clear direction; follows set procedures; solves immediate problems; escalates where appropriate; sees tasks through to completion
The Building Maintenance Engineer II compensation will be based on experience and qualifications. This range is subject to local, state and regional dynamics and may be adjusted up or down depending on market conditions.
- Ability to walk properties, climb stairs and ladders
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, if needed
- Work inside and outdoors as required
- Engineer is on call 24/7 and must be able to respond to emergencies at building on weekends and evenings
- This position does not have any supervisory responsibility
Associates with more than twelve (12) months of service may request consideration to transfer to other jobs as vacancies become available and will be considered along with other applicants. To be considered, Associates must have a satisfactory performance record and have no disciplinary actions during the last twelve (12) months. Management retains the discretion to make exceptions to the policy.
This description is not all inclusive and duties will vary depending on specific property being managed.
Employee Benefits include:
- Medical, dental, vision, 401K
- Casual Fridays
- Strengths based culture
- Employee development
- Community involvement
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible schedules
- Free parking
Holladay Property Services
2710 Old Lebanon RoadNashville, TN
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?