Working for Holiday Retirement
There’s something very satisfying about working for a company that cares for seniors. Where everything you do, in whatever capacity, is contributing to someone else’s happiness.
Our seniors aren’t the only ones benefiting from your employment here – you will, too. If you have a passion for helping others, we’d love to talk to you.
We have a rewarding opportunity for Driver Safety and Compliance Specialist. In this role, you will be responsible for the development and administration of Holiday Retirement’s fleet driver qualification program, including drug and alcohol policy as it relates to Holiday’s fleet drivers. Support Holiday’s goals of ensuring an adequately trained, stable work environment that is in compliance with government drug-testing and driving requirements. Assist in driver safety performance checks and investigations when required.
Driver Safety and Compliance Specialist Responsibilities:
- Monitor the commercial driver drug testing program for all communities managed by Holiday Retirement and related business entities.
- Coordinate quarterly random drug tests on commercial drivers.
- Keep current on all Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) regulations.
- Implement and update driver qualification program per FMCSA regulations for all communities managed by Holiday Retirement and related business entities.
- Send communications to communities regarding new hires, expiring licenses, med cards, and yearly certification of violations.
- Sent warning letters to drivers based on motor vehicle report activity vs. fleet safety policy
- Review driver safety performance checks for driver applicants.
- Respond to employee correspondence and phone calls regarding drug testing and driver qualification.
- Verify and approve invoices received from vendors.
- Review CDL expense reimbursement requests.
- Maintain relationship with drug testing vendor and update Holiday Hub with collection site information.
- Handle positive drug test results in professional and confidential manner.
- Request and review DMV records for all drivers upon hire and for CDL holders when DOT Medical Certificate is renewed.
- Audit driver qualification files quarterly
- Review all drivers for safe driver awards yearly, and order, print and distribute materials for awards.
- Perform other tasks for Risk Management Department as needed.
- Maintain a high-level of knowledge in the field of expertise by attending approved continuing education courses and seminars.
- Work with other functional groups to solve problems related to the operation of Holiday’s fleet drivers and vehicles.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) in Business or related field preferred
- Proficiency in computer use; familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to research and document employment issues and legal claims.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and customer service skills.
- Knowledge of Equal Employment Opportunity guidelines.
- Ability to manage a large volume of material and meet departmental deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills; detail oriented.
- Ability to keep all business and operations information confidential.
- Desire and ability to be a team player.