Assistant General Manager
Date: Sep 10, 2019
Location: Kenner, LA, US, 70065
Company: Holiday Retirement
Working for Holiday Retirement
Holiday Retirement helps older people live better, and we accomplish this by following these principles:
- Older people are vibrant and deserve the best experience.
- We promote independence and create choice to do your thing.
- We appreciate and respect our residents, families, associates, and guests.
- We believe in life-long learning, growth, and staying connected.
We are currently seeking an Assistant General Manager to support the General Manager in the day to day operations of a senior living community.
Assistant General Manager Responsibilities:
As Assistant General Manager, you are responsible for ensuring a well-maintained facility with excellent service to our residents. You will:
- Manage the following departments: Housekeeping, Maintenance, Servers, transportation, and enrichment/activities.
- Hire, coach, develop, and discipline employees within areas of responsibility.
- Provide back up to the community Sales Leader. Inspect the facility to ensure all tour paths and units are ready. Meet with and lease apartments to potential residents.
- Provide tours, negotiate/sign leases, and make sales calls.
- Responsible for resident relations to include new resident onboarding, manage the dining room experience and resident experience.
- Associate training. Ensure all employees receive their job, safety, and assigned training programs.
- Provide quality and compliance leadership. Will be responsible for inspecting the building, doing quality checks of housekeeping/kitchen, ensure all life/safety rules are followed, and ensure food and enrichment programs are being followed.
- Manage vendor contracts, department budgets, labor hours, associate schedules, and associate meetings.
- Assists the General Manager with all aspects of operations.
- Assumes community responsibility in the absence of the General Manager.
Minimum of four years' previous management experience including, operational and financial experience in managing employees, recruiting, customer service, budgeting, purchasing, payroll, and accounts payable/receivable.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team setting and to provide strong customer service.
- Strong supervision, coaching, and leadership skills to lead teams.
- Experience serving senior citizens preferred.
- Strong experience in computer use. Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- High School Diploma, Two-year Associate Degree preferred.
- Previous sales experience preferred.
Direct reports may include Transportation, Office/Enrichment, Housekeeping, Dining Service and Maintenance.
At Holiday, we are always looking for talented individuals to join our dynamic organization and we offer a comprehensive and competitive benefit package. Holiday associates can also expect continuous learning and career growth opportunities, open and direct communication, and a fulfilling work environment. We will provide you with a wide variety of benefits, including:
- Meals Provided During Work Hours - Chef prepared meals
- Full Health Benefits - Including medical, dental and vision
- 401(k) - A plan to enhance your long-term financial well being
- Paid Vacation and Travel Program - Stay at any of our 250+ communities
- A Competitive Compensation Package - That includes an attractive salary and bonusesHoliday Retirement is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. Req ID: 68925 Nearest Major Market: New Orleans Job Segment: General Manager, Accounts Payable, Housekeeping, Medical, Management, Finance, Healthcare, Hospitality