Ready to use your culinary and supervisory experience to lead a strong Kitchen team?
The Holiday Inn Rapid City and Gold Bison Grill has an opening for Sous Chef.
Our Kitchen is responsible for providing excellent food for both Gold Bison Grill AND Holiday Inn banquet events, including off-site catering.
The Sous Chef works with our Award-Winning Executive Chef and two kitchen supervisors to manage Kitchen staff and processes to keep our commitment to providing food that exceeds expectations.
Job Duties for the Sous Chef include:
- Financial: Managing food costs, participating in budget process, and setting goals
- People: Engage with staff through recognition, mentoring, and coaching to improve their performance and further their professional development
- Guests: Ask for and evaluate guest feedback and spearhead resolution of guest concerns while assisting with menu planning and presentation of food
- Inventory: Maintain inventory counts and order in advance to prevent shortages and prepare for upcoming events and menu changes
- Safety: Manage a safe work environment and maintain food safety to exceed industry standards
- Culinary Degree or equivalent experience
- 1 year experience in a Kitchen supervisory or management capacity
- Open availability, including weekends and some holidays
- Working knowledge and ability to use and train others on common kitchen equipment and practices
- Solid familiarity with Food Safety Requirements, prefer FOODSAFE or equivalent certification
- Passion for working as part of a team to provide excellent food
- Ability to multi-task
Comprehensive Benefits Package available including medical, dental, vision, long-term disability, Paid Time Off, and employee discounts.
BONUS eligible position
We look forward to working with you!!!