- Posted: over a month ago
Responsible for the Maintenance Department Operations, ensuring company standards are adhered to. Duties are
inclusive of preventative maintenance and reactive maintenance.
- Provide the highest quality of service to the customer at all times, set example for all hotel associates.
- Training, motivation development, and review of all engineering staff, keeping in step with our company’s objective
- of the professional development of our associates, and a positive work environment. It is important that the Chief
- Engineer understands all functions of his/her staff, and can complete those functions in the associate’s absence
- Ensure fulfillment of preventative maintenance program to specific brand standards.
- Inspect guest rooms after Preventative Maintenance. Review any problems with the PM mechanic and recheck
- room/suite before releasing to Housekeeping/Front Office.
- Maintain a current inventory of all supplies.
- Maintain a work order assignment program for completed and pending work orders. Prioritize and complete work
- orders in a timely manner. Monitor all deficiencies.
- Communicate to the requesting party upon completion when needed.
- Maintain a Maintenance Work Order Log.
- Repair HVAC as required; and clean HVAC coils semi-annually or as required.
- Repair appliances as required.
- Ensure implementation and compliance of brand standard key control policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Check Smoke Alarms throughout hotels on a scheduled basis according to brand standards.
- Ensure routine preventive maintenance on equipment is done. This is including, but not limited to laundry
- equipment, heating, and air condition units, ice machines, fire extinguishers, fire/smoke alarms, lawn sprinklers, fire
- equipment and plumbing. These are performed as required by the manufacturer and in accordance with the
- warranty specifications.
- Maintain the hotel grounds; curb appeal, and building exteriors consistently.
- Develop and maintain maintenance department programs to assure that the Quality Assurance Program for each
- brand criteria are met.
- Develop department employee attitude of attentiveness and anticipation of guest and associate needs.
- Coordinate with other departments to fulfill guest special requests.
- Constant and effective communication required.
- Assist the General Manager in resolving guest concerns.
- Educate and lead all department personnel on emergency procedures, key control, safety, and life safety
- Establish department communication and information systems through all forms of communications, including logs, department meetings, coaching and counseling.
- Communication changes in suite/room status with the Front Desk and Housekeeping. Answer guest questions regarding hotels and local area facilities and services.
- Ensure that three quotes are received for any repairs that cannot be made property level. Ensure all standards are adhered to at all times.
- Each associate will be required to follow the rules as found in the M&R Employee Handbook Perform other duties as assigned by management, of which employee is capable of performing
Holiday Inn Manhattan Time Square South
AddressNew York, NY
EngineeringView all jobs at Holiday Inn Manhattan Time Square South