FRONT DESK AGENT
Holiday Inn Express and Suites University Pointe Charlotte, NC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
PREVIOUS FRONT DESK EXPERIENCE AND OPERA SYSTEM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED IHG EXPERIENCE PREFERRED.
MUST BE ABLE TO WORK 7A-3PM OR 3PM-11PM
The moment a guest steps into one of our hotels, they walk into a genuinely memorable experience. As a Front Desk Agent, you’ll not only be the person they rely on to handle transactions, offer local insights and anticipate every detail of a friction-free experience. You’ll also create the warm atmosphere that makes our guests feel at home in any location.
This position will check-in/check-out hotel guests in a timely and professional manner; and process all payments according to established procedures.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Welcome guests in a friendly, prompt and professional manner.
- Register guests, issue room keys, provide information on hotel services and room location. Answer phones in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Up-sell rooms where possible to maximize hotel revenue.
- Accurately process all cash and credit card transactions in accordance with established procedures including but not limited to posting all charges, completing cashier and other reports, preparing deposit, and counting/securing assigned bank.
- Issue, control and release guest safe-deposit boxes.
- Communicate any outstanding guest requests or issues to management that may require additional monitoring or follow-up.
- Respond appropriately to guest complaints. Make appropriate service recovery gestures in order to ensure total guest satisfaction.
- May routinely book guest reservations for individuals and/or groups that are requested either by phone or from within the hotel; process cancellations, revisions, and information updates on changes.
- Promote team work and quality service through daily communications and coordination with other departments.
- Perform other duties as assigned including guest room tours, concierge services, special guest requests, etc.