Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Ann Arbor, MI has openings for their first-rate Housekeeping Team. The Housekeeping Team is a valued and essential part of our commitment to providing our guests with an outstanding hotel experience. The Housekeeping team is responsible for the cleanliness of the public and guest areas of the hotel and restaurant and receives direction from the Housekeeping Supervisor and Assistant and General Managers.
- Stock cart with appropriate supplies and transport cart to assigned section.
- Enter guest assigned guest rooms by following established procedure for gaining access and ensuring vacancy.
- Replace dirty linens and towels.
- Make beds.
- Clean bathrooms.
- Dust, polish and straighten desk and furnishings.
- Ensure all light fixtures and in-room appliances are in proper working conditions.
- Remove trash, recyclables and discarded items from room.
- Vacuum carpets and/or mop floors.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures.
- Report any maintenance issues or safety hazards.
- Greet, acknowledge and welcome guests according to company service standards.
- Anticipate and follow through on guests' service needs.
- Support other departments and fellow Housekeeping staff members, as needed.
- Perform deep cleaning tasks, and other duties as needed and as directed by Executive Housekeeper.
- Previous experience in an operational service environment is desirable.
- Exceptional service orientation, with keen ability to focus and deliver on guest needs.
- Reliable and responsible character, with exceptional follow up and attention to detail.
- Ability to adhere to expectations and standards for friendliness, speed, quality and efficiency.
- Willingness and ability to support fellow team members in reaching departmental goals.
- Ability to work effectively as an independent contributor, and as a part of a collaborative team.
- Ability to multi-task and effectively manage numerous priorities within a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance.
- Must be able to reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Must be able to stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $10.50 to $11.50 /hour