- Posted: over a month ago
LTD Hospitality Group is seeking highly motivated individuals with expertise in effective and efficient banquet operations. Our ideal candidates should exude a passion for the hospitality industry that will cultivate an exceptional guest experience. If you are looking for an exciting career with unlimited opportunities to thrive within LTD’s growing portfolio of properties, we have an immediate opening for you to join our team as the Banquet Captain.
The Banquet Captain is responsible for organization and execution of event details the day of the event
- Supervision, coordination and direction for prompt, courteous, and efficient food, beverage, meeting, and audio-visual services of the Banquet department
- Supervision of meeting and meal set-ups, turnovers, and all meal functions related to guest requirements
- Training and direct supervision of banquet team members to ensure the highest level of service, satisfaction, and efficiency
- Maintains appropriate staffing levels by communicating with the Banquet Manager
- Ensure a clean and safe working environment
- Provide hands-on support and service to all in-house and potential guests
- Resolving issues faced on a day-to-day basis
- Ensure that room has proper set up for the function.
- Check BEO to ensure all service requirements have been met.
- Set up side stations in scheduled rooms.
- Conducts regular physical inventories of food supplies, and assesses projected needs; reports all food and supply needs for catering and breakfast operations to Food Service Coordinator.
- Ensures that high standards of sanitation and cleanliness are maintained throughout the kitchen areas at all times
- Monitors and practices controls to minimize food and supply waste and theft
- Other and all duties, projects, and tasks as assigned by employee’s manager.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Additionally, the requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skills and or ability required.
- Ability to lead, train, and motivate team members
- At least 2 years of banquet experience
- Strong communication and problem solving skills
- Has a sincere desire to exceed guest expectations
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Flexibility in their scheduling
- Strong knowledge of banquet operations
- Excellent time management skills
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds.
- Stand, sit or walk for an extended period of time.
LTD Hospitality Group has taken pride in superior hotel development and management for more than 30 years and is a recognized leader managing top-performing brands under Marriott, Hilton, Hyatt and InterContinental Hotel Group flags.
LTD’s core values focus on people, relationships and opportunities. The LTD culture was established by the founding partners and to this day continues to guide the successful performance and profitability of our hotels, while maintaining the highest standards of quality, service and cleanliness.
The greatest key to our success is our people. Our diverse team of associates is responsible for creating a distinctive experience that keeps our customers coming back. We recognize that our people are our most valuable asset and are committed to investing in them. We provide comprehensive training, as well as career advancement opportunities for all of our associates. We also offer competitive benefits to ensure that a career at LTD is satisfying and rewarding in all aspects.
- Medical, Dental, Vision & 401 (k) with company match
- Voluntary Short Term
- Life & Accidental Death Insurance
- Hotel Discounts
- Paid Time Off
- Training and Development Opportunities and Much More!
For more information about joining the LTD family, please visit www.ltdhospitality.com . We look forward to hearing from you!
Holiday Inn City Center Newport News
AddressNewport News, VA
FoodView all jobs at Holiday Inn City Center Newport News