GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION: It is the responsibility of the Outpatient Therapist to conduct individual, group and family therapy, as clinically appropriate, with outpatient clients. We would prefer someone with some evening availability, but not required. LCSW, LPC, etc..
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Conduct formal clinical assessments of newly admitted clients.
2. Develop and oversee the implementation of treatment plans.
3. Provide crisis assessment and stabilization services, as clinically necessary.
- Utilize education and knowledge of mental illnesses and disabilities, symptoms, treatments and social implications to provide therapy to individuals and families.
- Conduct individual, family or group therapy, as clinically indicated, including maintaining a clinically appropriate balance between treatment modalities.
- Complete accurate and timely clinical documentation, including but not limited to progress notes, treatment plans and discharge summaries.
- Provide the full provision of clinically indicated services and the supporting documentation based on established best practices of care and in full compliance with licensure standards.
- Maintain strong working relationships with other local providers, client advocacy groups and client support systems.
- Implement clinical service delivery goals consistent with overall agency goals and policy/procedures.
- Master’ degree in a clinical discipline (i.e., clinical or counseling psychology, clinical social work) for mental health therapists.
- Bachelor’s degree in a behavioral health discipline for substance abuse therapists.
- One year of experience in the behavioral health field for mental health therapists.
- Two years’ experience working with clients with addictions for substance abuse therapists.
Minimum Licensure/Certification Requirements: Licensed or certification preferred, but not required. Co-occurring professional certification strongly encouraged.
Required Clearances: Pennsylvania Act 33 & 34 clearance, FBI clearance, Verification that employee is not on any Medicaid/Medicare Exclusion list