It is the responsibility of the Director of IDD Services to oversee the overall functioning of the programs within the Department as well as the development of new programs and services. All areas below are primary job functions unless otherwise noted.
- Prepare and implement goals and objectives for each fiscal year to improve quality, marketability and effectiveness of service delivery.
- Develop and implement policies/procedures and quality management systems.
- Participate on the Quality Management Committee.
- Participate in inter-agency meetings and represent the agency in an effective and professional manner.
- Provide strong leadership for all programs served.
- Oversee maintenance of staffing consistent with needs, EEO regulatory
requirements and Holcomb’s policies.
- Identify and develop in-services in response to training needs of staff.
- Conduct annual performance evaluations for Managers and Coordinators.
- Develop and implement evaluations of service effectiveness.
- Develop and implement outcome measurements/studies.
- Implement program changes in response to continued quality improvement efforts.
- Develop proposals to meet program needs and/or in response to RFP’s.
- Liaison and conduct public relations with referral services, county and other government agencies and other appropriate community groups.
- Complete other responsibilities as assigned by direct supervisor.
Minimum Education: Master’s Degree in a behavioral health discipline.
Minimum Experience: Five years experiencing with mental health, substance abuse and developmental disabilities, with three years increasing administrative and supervisory responsibility.
Minimum Licensure/Certification Requirements: Professional licensure and/or certification preferred, but not required
Required Clearances: Pennsylvania Act 33 & 34 clearance, Verification that employee is not on any Medicaid/Medicare Exclusion list.