Holcomb Behavioral Health Systems is seeking to hire a Crisis Specialists in our Exton, PA location.
Position Type: Full-time 40 hours per week. 3rd Shift overnight or second shift (3-11 PM) and weekends or Part time work available.
Program: Valley Creek Crisis system (VCCC)
Role Description: In this role the Crisis Specialist will facilitate telephone crisis counseling, crisis walk-in, mobile crisis outreach, crisis residential and a consumer-driven warm line. All of Holcomb’s Chester County crisis services are housed from this location reasonably central to the county for ready access by consumers, families and the community. The proximity of the services to each other facilitates a seamless transfer between services as needed to effectively meet a consumer’s needs.
Holcomb’s crisis service emphasizes recovery principles and maintains hospital diversion as a primary goal unless truly necessary. Subsequently, the utilization of mobile outreach services will be emphasized in the effort to assist with both crisis de-escalation and hospital diversion. Holcomb’s consumer-driven warm line is implemented to offer consumer’s within the county access to peer support for pre-emergent issues. Our crisis service has structured outcome measures to determine the consumer satisfaction and clinical efficacy of the interventions. Our services include the following:
Run by professional staff, support staff and peer specialists
Traditional residential beds (8) and 23-hour stabilization beds (2)
Recovery-oriented groups and counseling
WRAP and APD (advanced psychiatric directive) development
Emphasis on avoidance of use of hospital ERs and inpatient hospitalization
Support consumer community re-integration
Responsibilities and duties include but are not limited to:
• Crisis Intervention & Crisis Residential - Conduct effective crisis assessment and triage service for all client contacts.
• Crisis Residential only – Conduct effective biopsychosocial, behavior symptom indicator and suicide risk assessments.
• Crisis Residential – Conduct effective individual, group, crisis management and family/treatment team sessions
• Crisis Intervention - Conduct effective crisis counseling via telephone and effectively determine the need for formal
mobile outreach interventions.
• Provide crisis assessment and psychological stabilization, as necessary.
• Assist in the development of formal treatment plans and, as required, behavior management plans in consultation
with the client, family and other team members.
• Implement effective treatment interventions consistent with the treatment plan.
• Conduct appropriate aftercare follow-up contacts.
• Consult with other treatment professionals regarding their role in carrying out designated treatment plan interventions
• Provide service referrals and linkage as clinically appropriate.
• Maintain quality documentation of clinical service delivery.
• Maintain effectiveness in providing all authorized and clinical justified clinical services.
• Provide all supporting documentation required for insurance authorization in a timely manner.
Minimum Education: Master’s Degree in clinical or counseling psychology, clinical social work, addictions Or Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years’ experience.. All degree(s) must be from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
Minimum Experience: Two years of experience in a behavioral health setting, including experience with crisis assessment, triage, intervention and community resources/systems.
Required Clearances: Child Abuse clearance, Criminal clearance, and fingerprint based federal criminal history; Verification that employee is not on any Medicaid/Medicare Exclusion list.
*Interested persons should complete an online application.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
Holcomb Behavioral Health Systems is accredited by the Joint Commission and provides a comprehensive range of services and supports for people with mental health, substance abuse, intellectual and developmental disabilities, and co-occurring disorders throughout southern and central Pennsylvania, central New Jersey, Delaware, and Maryland. Additionally, we provide an array of prevention and educational programs for youth, parents, and adults to encourage healthy choices and lifestyles.
Holcomb offers a generous benefit package to all employees who work a minimum of 30 hours per week. Benefits are available the first day of a new month after completing 30 days of employment. Health insurance, including medical, dental, and vision are included. Paid holidays in addition to earned paid time off, 403(B) with company match, and 1 year salary of life insurance is available as well. Some benefits are available to employees working between 25-29 hours per week.
Holcomb Behavioral Health Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer! Holcomb personnel policies, procedures and practices prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, handicap, ancestry, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected class. Employment opportunities shall be made available for qualified handicapped applicants and reasonable accommodation shall be made to meet the physical or mental limitations of qualified applicants or employees.