Work as part of a team to ensure the uninterrupted operation of the facility in order to maximize operational efficiency in an environment of continuous training and improvement; to provide customer service, material handling, utility, maintenance, inspection and general labor in support of operations.
- Primary point of contact for customers, truck haulers, market managers and other outside sources
- Support Coordinator, Supervisor and Manager in special projects or task.
- Aptitude for training on Tug and assisting with Safety of Tug and paperwork.
- Working safely by assessing and controlling risk.
- Following all company policies and procedures.
- Maintain Shipping area's Process for Safety, Procedures and ISO documentation
- Computer skills; working knowledge of Windows, Excel, Word and SAP knowledge is a plus
- Operate mobile equipment; cement loading, shipping
- Actively participate in continuous improvement initiatives to resolve daily production difficulties.
- Perform inspections and provide documentation and reporting as required or as directed by the Supervisor.
- Work and act safely at all times and must accept equal responsibility for personal safety and that of co-worker.
- Store, stock and handle materials including but not limited to cement ensuring accurate deliveries.
- Understand and be able to work with Control Systems.
- Utilize computer systems to load trucks, receive product, maintain inventories, input manual bills of lading, process credit rebills and complete procurement requirements.
- Create and maintain weekly and monthly reports as required.
- Load bulk trucks, bulk rail cars, bulk bags and barges.
- Perform inventory measurements and reporting as required.
- Perform necessary tasks to ensure good housekeeping for a safe and efficient operation ensure warehouse is safe and accessible for non-warehouse traffic.
- Assist other departments as needed.
- Work with little or no supervision.
- Write and/or contribute to daily reports and other routine reports about special projects or incidents.
- Troubleshoot potential deficiencies to achieve and maintain maximum productivity.
- Report operational problems to supervisor for action and participate in corrective actions.
- Identify report and assist in resolution of safety and environmental concerns and work practices that may affect the Health & Safety of employees or other parties.
- Perform any and all other duties as may be assigned. Work any shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays as schedules dictate.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Required Education: High School diploma/GED
Required Work Experience: 1-2 years
Travel Requirements: Less than 10%
- Minimum of two years related experience in industrial operations preferred.
- Position also requires: walking, climbing, bending, stooping and heavy lifting.
- Knowledge in control system operation; mobile equipment operation; cement manufacturing equipment; some mechanical/electrical skills; good communication skills are desired.
Required Computer and Software Skills: Basic computer skills
Position TypeHourly Full-Time
# of Openings1
CompanyHolcim (US) Inc.