Hoffmaster Group Inc. is seeking an Enterprise Systems Administrator for the Corporate office in Oshkosh, WI.
This Enterprise Systems Administrator role is responsible for implementing and supporting
technology related to computers, servers, networked devices, and telephony systems across
the enterprise to ensure the stable operation of Information Systems assets and services. This
role is critical to ensure smooth operation of infrastructure for daily business operations,
providing maximum performance and availability for our employees, suppliers and customers.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
(Reasonable Accommodations Statement: To accomplish this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each
essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help
enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
• Design, install, and maintain Enterprise IT Systems including hardware, software, and
peripherals across the enterprise as required.
• Maintain Data Center operations to include installation, configuration, software
patches/updates, and ongoing maintenance of organization's networked devices
including servers, storage, workstations, printers, wireless client devices, and virtualized
infrastructure, as well as perform and verify system backups of internal networked
servers and systems.
• Monitor, measure, and optimize performance of all enterprise systems hardware,
software, storage, telephony, and cloud-based services ensuring maximum uptime.
• Analyze, diagnose, and resolve issues to successful resolution or escalate as
• Document, maintain, upgrade, and/or replace hardware and software systems as
necessary to meet business needs.
• Support and maintain user and systems account information including rights and
privileges, security groups, distribution groups, and group policy.
• Design and support server systems and supporting software. Prepare specifications for
the purchase of server and storage hardware and software and contact vendors to
obtain specifications and price quotations.
• Respond to IT Support tickets, telephone calls, emails, and personnel requests for
technical support ensuring timely feedback and closure.
• Identify, research and resolve technical problems for individuals and groups in an
efficient manner, recognizing the proper course of action to take, identifying and
escalating severe issues as appropriate.
• Communicate highly technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel,
including developing and supplying technical training to other staff as required.
• Develop, implement, maintain, and enforce data integrity and file systems security
processes and procedures.
• Perform knowledge transfers among team members by preparing and maintaining
documentation for networks, systems, processes, procedures, written instructions, and
solutions to problems.
• Collaborate with team members to identify, recommend, and implement process
optimization for Enterprise IT Systems hardware and software, including improvements
• Provide tactical and strategic input on overall IT Systems planning and related projects.
Participate in the determination and recommendation of improvement in current
information systems standards.
• Maintain knowledge of developments in relevant technologies and their use in the
industry, making recommendations when appropriate.
• Microsoft, VMware, and/or Apple-related certifications preferred.
• Extensive working knowledge of Enterprise Server and Telephony Infrastructure
Systems including: developing, configuring, supporting, and optimizing enterprise
hardware, software, telecommunications, and related technologies.
• Extensive working knowledge of networking and operating system standards, protocols,
security, troubleshooting and performance tuning.
• Extensive working knowledge of Microsoft and Macintosh workstation and server
operating systems, MDM systems such as Soti or Jamf, virtualization tools such as
VMWare, and cloud-based services such as the Microsoft Office 365 and Adobe
Creative Cloud suites.
• Excellent communication and writing skills.
• Able to work well with others in a team environment as well as independently.
• Advanced problem solver with the ability to sort through complex issues and conduct
comparative analysis of multiple solutions.
• Must be detail oriented with excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
• Bachelor's degree Information Technology, Computer Science or similar field preferred.
Equivalent years in actual field experience considered.
• Eight plus years’ experience with medium to large enterprise information technology in
multi-location, multi-server environments.