Hoffmaster Group Inc. is seeking a Continuous Improvement Manager for their Creative Converting facility in Clintonville, WI. This position works in partnership with the Leadership team to lead performance improvement through lean initiatives, effective problem-solving techniques, design and management of key metrics and continuous improvement activities, and the training and coaching of personnel to accomplish the same. The Lean/CI Manager serves as a coach and facilitator with operating managers and frontline employees on methods to effectively integrate performance improvement activities into their daily workload.
Essential Job Duties:
- Develop lean vision and strategy that aligns with company initiatives and serve as champion of initiatives that deliver continuous improvement, culture transformation, process improvement, waste reduction and/or cost savings
- Work directly with the Leadership Team, operations manager, and other business leaders to coordinate and lead improvement initiatives resulting in quality, throughput, cost, and profit opportunities
- Facilitate and coordinate selected Kaizen blitz activities throughout the business
- Track and report key metrics on lean activities throughout the business
- Maintain suitable professional affiliations and participate in professional development activities that foster continuous learning and support lean position requirements
- Assist in the development of projects, writing of capital expenses and implementing changes where the project relates to Lean Thinking and specific machines, etc.
- Deploy the lean strategy, monitor results and report progress
- Collaborate with leadership to ensure employees are engaged during the Lean journey
- Provide lean employee training and facilitate correct use of lean tools
- Serve as a mentor and coach for the development of lean facilitators and leaders
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
(Reasonable Accommodations Statement: To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Excellent abilities to prioritize and handle multiple projects
- Ability to recognize improvement opportunities
- High level of interpersonal, written, verbal communication/ influence skills, excellent project management and presentation skills
- Ability to perform with minimal supervision and direction
- Ability to deliver effective presentations
- Organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well on a team
- Ability to develop a clear, long-term strategy for lean including vision, milestones and measureable results
- Proven skill in projecting confidence, working collaboratively and engendering trust
- Knowledge of paper converting industry, and/or understanding of manufacturing processes
- Good knowledge of accounting practices
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 years’ manufacturing experience with management responsibilities
- Lean Certification, Six Sigma certification desired
- Proven change management skills
- Ability to work 2nd or 3rd shift when necessary, travel to other sites will be required
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Regularly access other work centers (some walking, and bending, occasional stooping, lifting of light materials).
- Frequent mental and visual concentration required for computer usage and general office tasks.
- Safety hazards are minimal.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.