Customer Service Representative / Clerical Support
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Hoffman’s Guns for the Good Guys has an immediate opening for an entry level customer service representative. As the primary first point of contact for our customers through telephone or text contact, this representative provides exemplary customer service in a friendly, efficient, and professional manner. This position also includes a subset of providing various assigned clerical/office assistant duties in support of the operation. Firearms knowledge is helpful, but NOT required.
FULL TIME POSITION 40 HOURS
SCHEDULE A weekly fixed schedule will be assigned that requires working:
1. Day shift hours 9:00AM – 5:00pm or 6:00PM during the week
2. EITHER Saturday 9:00AM-6:00PM or Sunday 10:00AM-4:00PM
After 6 consecutive months of full time employment
- personal time 40 hours year 1, 80 year 2 forward
- paid holidays (if the holiday falls on the day you normally work)
- offering of medical and dental products. 75% contribution by employee
- employee discount and free range time
· Manage inbound and outbound calls on a multi-line phone system and text software
· Determine the customer’s need through active listening and securing of any additional information.
· Follow established procedures for call categories in order to respond to or solve the needs of the caller.
For example: redirect callers to a respective department; research information and directly provide informed responses using
in-house software/resources; and/or taking messages.
· Respond professionally, efficiently, and accurately to callers, ensuring that customers feel supported and valued.
· Minimum high school diploma.
· 1+ year experience in customer service, receptionist, and/or office assistant roles
· Capacity to successfully perform the duties of the position during the scheduled hours at a sedentary office desk AND through active movement in the store setting.
· Inquisitive nature, quick learner, comfortable and able to research solutions
· Professional phone voice
· Comfortable and effective with asking probing questions or diffusing tense situations in order to find solutions.
· Exceptional customer service, verbal/written communication skills
· Strong teamwork mentality
· Proficiency with computers/ software application basics; experience using Microsoft Office; and proficient typing skills
· Ability to work the fixed weekly schedule as identified
· Self-starter, team player, and comfortable working independently
· Organized and attentive to details
· Ability to multi-task and work with a sense of urgency
Hoffman's Guns for the Good GuysWhy Work Here?
You are a part of a team that takes great pride in promoting firearm safety and education.
Hoffman's Guns for the Good Guys has been in business for over 100 years, proudly serving not only our local Connecticut firearm community, but also our New England neighbors and country-wide customers. We are the largest firearm retailer in New England offering an extensive firearm selection and accessories at the most competitive prices. Hoffman’s indoor shooting range is designed for comfort and safety with a climate-controlled environment and range safety officer monitoring. Our focus is on safety, service excellence, best selection and price, and the positive experience of our fellow firearm enthusiasts.
BusinessView all jobs at Hoffman's Guns for the Good Guys