Hoffmann Brothers is the premier HVAC, Plumbing,Electrical, and Appliance Repair service and installation contractor for over40 years in the St Louis area. We recognize that our company successes comefrom our team members, so we work very hard to maintain an environment withopportunities unparalleled in our industry. We were recently recognizedin both 2016 & 2018 as The Best Place to Work in St Louis. We hire the bestand now is your chance to join our growing team.
Primarily responsible for performing residentialmaintenance on a variety of equipment for our 5,900+ Home Protection Planmembers and completing service calls as needed.
- 2 years of experience preferred
- Understands basic refrigeration cycle to include: identifying components in refrigeration circuit, understanding how each component works, diagnosing problems in the refrigeration circuit, using manifold gauge set, pressure/temperature chart and temperature measuring devices for routine maintenance and to troubleshoot. Understands refrigeration recovery, evacuation and charging.
- Understands basic electron theory, how electricity travels, AC and DC currents, single phase and three phase circuits, and series and parallel circuits. Ability to read basic wiring diagrams. Understanding of Ohms Law. Ability to use multi-meters to read voltage, current and resistance values. Must be able to troubleshoot basic electrical circuits.
- Understands the process of treating air so as to simultaneously control its temperature, humidity, and distribution. Must be able to read and understand mechanical drawings.
- Understands basic heating cycle to include: identifying components in heating system, understanding how each component works, diagnosing problems in the heating system using a gas pressure test and other devices for routine maintenance and to troubleshoot. Understands the theory of combustion and how it relates to combustible fuels such as gas and oil.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Check in with office for scheduled jobs after the completion of each job and at the end of each work day.
- During and or at the end of each task fully complete all company provided forms possible.
- Responsible for time management of jobs scheduled each day.
- Check in with client at the beginning and end of each task to make sure they are aware of everything going on throughout the entire visit.
- Obtain client signature on company provided forms where applicable.
- Upon completion of each task record time spent at each job on the weekly time sheet.
- Hand in paperwork, checks, or cash at the end of each week for processing.
- Ensure all vendor packing slips or invoices for each job are handed into the Warehouse Coordinator.
- Ensure all materials used for each task are listed properly on the company provided forms.
- Answer all office pages/calls in a timely manner.
- Check in as needed to ensure office dispatcher and/or field supervisor are aware of your status.
- Secure parts and tools needed throughout the day for various jobs as required.
- Call in repairs to the estimator or field supervisor and provide the necessary info needed to quote the repair and fill out the appropriate quote forms as required.
- Consult field supervisor or dispatcher in times of uncertainty.
- Ability to communicate with customers in a clear, confident manner throughout the entire service so that they are aware what is going on inside their home/business
- Ability to adjust your communications to provide the best customer experience possible
- Ability to create detailed job notes in the customer’s account for future reference
- Ability to both teach and learn by sharing thoughts/experiences with your coworkers in meetings and in one to one interactions
- Willingness to try new ideas and recommend process improvements to your manager with the objective of improving efficiency/effectiveness
- The ability to maintain a clean and organized work space both in a customer’s property and your company vehicle
- The ability to work safely and the motivation to help ensure that those you work with are working in a safe manner
- Must consider safety one’s primary job, both for personal, co‑worker and public benefit, and must have general knowledge of safe working practices and of MO‑OSHA requirements.
- To adequately perform the duties of this job the employee is regularly and routinely required to sit; stand, walk, stoop, use hands to finger, handle controls; hear, and talk. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must be able to climb ladders, work in hot and cold environments, and work in small crawl spaces. The employee must regularly lift and/or move 50lbs and up. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment can vary depending on the season and scope of work – employees are required to work outdoors throughout the seasons. The work environment will subject employees to continual interruptions and changing priorities. Effective, consistent, and constant communication with customers, vendors, co-workers, and others is required.
Thisposition has availability for a Monday-Friday and Tuesday-Saturday schedule andis paid hourly, with plenty of opportunity for overtime, commissions, andbonuses throughout the year.
- Competitive Hourly Compensation
- Company Provided Truck/Van
- Company Provided Power Tools
- 401k Matching Program: Hoffmann Brothers will match 100% of the first 4% contributed by employee, plus an additional 4% at year end, resulting in a total of 12% (4% contributed by employee and 8% matched)
- Free Health, Dental, and Vision insurance for the employee, dependents, and spouse (if not offered insurance by current employer)
- Generous Paid Vacation
- 6 Paid holidays
- Bonus Programs
- Ample Opportunities for Overtime (Always Volunteer, Never Required)
- Paid Training
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
- Year-Round Work
- Tool Replacement Policy
- Company Events
Location: St. Louis, MO