HVAC Service Technician
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title: HVAC Service Technician
Status: Full Time, Non-Exempt (Eligible for overtime)
Reports To: Service Manager or Manager of Technical Operations
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday- based on customer needs
Locations: Roanoke, VA Area
Position Purpose: The primary purpose of this HVAC Service Technician is to provide preventative maintenance, start-up, warranty, and repair services on light commercial and industrial air conditioning equipment. Strong emphasis on customer service. This position may occasionally involve after hour call outs in order to provide emergency repairs.
Hoffman Mechanical Solutions, Inc. is a company focused on being #1 in the HVAC industry in providing the most innovative HVAC solutions through superior design and customer service.
HVAC Service Technician Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Service a variety of HVAC products and equipment and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Read and understand blueprints, equipment manuals, and engineering specifications in order to properly diagnose and repair units.
- Use a variety of hand-tools and specialty equipment typical of the commercial HVAC Service trade.
- Identify, analyze, diagnose, and repair systems and products at customer’s location.
- Survey customer site for properly operating equipment and report any deficiencies found. Provide sales leads to internal associates as necessary.
- Perform preventative maintenance, site surveys, replacement, and modifications as needed or requested by customers.
- Prepare in advance for on-site installation and repairs by examining building layout, anticipating difficulties, gathering materials, and coordinating various trades for on-site work.
- Diagnose/troubleshoot inoperable equipment and develop action plan for repairs and problem resolution.
- Determine replacement parts required, secure materials, and complete repairs on a timely basis. Return any non-used or refundable parts for credit.
- Interact face to face with customers to ensure proper and accurate communications exist.
- Document all work performed by accurately completing field service reports, equipment log sheets, etc.
- Complete and submit all required paperwork on a timely basis.
- Operate and be diligent in properly caring for and maintaining a company vehicle.
- Provide technical support to customers.
- Flexible to work overtime/weekends as necessary in order to meet customer requirements.
- Limited travel required but may include occasional overnight stays.
- Stay informed on industry news and trends, products, services, competitors and relevant information about existing and emerging technologies, and the latest product-line developments. Attend company training seminars to become familiar with product lines.
- Conduct oneself in a professional manner as a positive representative of the company both to the customer and public.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge / Experience / Critical Skills
- Education/Experience – Associate’s Degree or equivalent from a Technical / Trade School with a certificate in Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning.
- Minimum of Five (5) years related experience preferred.
- Operational knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office software preferred.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and write simple instructions and short correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole number, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentages. Ability to understand data presented in a graphical format such as pie charts, bar graphs, etc.
- Ability to recognize problems and develop the most cost effective solution. Ability to collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Must pass pre-hire requirements including background check, motor vehicle report, and drug screening.
- Must possess valid drivers’ license.
- Must possess EPA mandated card for safe refrigerant handling. Universal certification preferred.
- In order to properly perform the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands in order to finger/grasp/handle/feel, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to walk, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. This positions requires close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- This position requires frequent working outdoors, inside mechanical/equipment rooms, and possible extreme weather conditions. This position is regularly exposed to live voltage, moving mechanical parts, and heavy equipment. Frequent exposure to wet and/or humid conditions, elevated and/or precarious work places, fumes or airborne particles, outside weather conditions, risk of electrical shock and vibration. Occasional exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold, and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is typically loud.
This job description is intended to provide information regarding the essential functions and basic duties of this position. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and duties that could be assigned. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by management as it deems appropriate. This document does not constitute a contract and is subject to change at the discretion of Hoffman Mechanical Solutions, Inc.
No phone calls or drop-ins, please.
Hoffman Mechanical Solutions
Get fresh Heating Technician jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.