Hocking Valley Community Hospital (HVCH) is currently seeking a Pharmacy Technician to join our friendly, patient-centered clinical team for the following shift:
- Contingent/PRN, Variable Hours
HVCH is a 25 bed critical access hospital (CAH) with over 325 employees who serve the residents and visitors of Logan, Ohio through various ancillary and 24-hour emergency care services. We are nestled in the heart of the beautiful Hocking Hills region in southeastern Ohio, less than an hour from Columbus. HVCH is affiliated with OSU Wexner Medical Center and part of the Ohio State Health Network. Our employees are just as important as our patients.
- High school diploma, GED, or the equivalent.
- Successful completion of a pharmacy technician education and certification program.
- Current pharmacy technician license in good standing issued by the Ohio Board of Pharmacy.
- Current Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) certification through the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB).
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Pharmacy technicians have an incredibly important role at HVCH. We need exceptional, hard-working pharmacy technicians to assist with dispensing medications and to provide the best possible patient care.
In this position you will:
- Prepare, dispense, and deliver pharmaceuticals and other supplies.
- Set up, package, and label medication doses.
- Prepare intravenous admixtures, parenteral nutrition solutions, cancer chemotherapy medications, enter medication orders, maintain patient profiles, and assist the pharmacist in clinical duties, medication dispensing, and order filling.
- Refill automated dispensing cabinets.
- Develop and maintain pharmacy information system order entry and report generation skills.
- Review medication inventory, place orders, receive medications, and process paperwork.
- Deliver, pick up, and debit/credit pharmacy items from nursing areas.
- Maintain complete and accurate patient records.
- Perform clinical pharmacy support services and interventions.
- Provide service excellence to the customers of the organization by delivering timely, high quality care in a courteous and respectful manner.
At Hocking Valley Community Hospital you are a part of something bigger. An award-winning hospital, HVCH is accredited by The Joint Commission and DNV-GL and recognized by the National Organization of State Offices Rural Health (NOSORH) for Quality and Patient Satisfaction. In existence since 1906, HVCH has been a public, non-profit community hospital since 1949. HVCH has also won numerous Best Places to Work honors and has very tenured staff with fantastic community support.
We pride ourselves in hiring professionals who are highly qualified and passionate about exceeding our patients' expectations while effectively leading our organization into the future. With over 4 million visitors coming to Hocking Hills each year, we serve patients from all 88 Ohio counties and nearly all 50 states. By growing your career with us, you will find that our culture of caring starts with caring for our staff. We have a commitment to fostering professional growth, supporting our staff, providing quality healthcare, embracing a diverse workforce, and hiring highly skilled individuals. Come help us lead the way to a healthier community and join our amazing hospital family!
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Hocking Valley Community Hospital