Lead Service Technician
- Posted: over a month ago
Hobart Service, an Illinois Tool Works Company, has been in business for over 125 years and is the trusted source for Commercial Food Equipment Service Solutions. We have over 1,700 associates nationwide who serve as valued partners to our customers. Our employees are dedicated to providing the best customer service, give back to the communities where they live and work, and demonstrate the ITW values of Integrity, Simplicity, Trust, Respect and Shared Risk.Job Description
The Service/Repair Supervisor/Lead interfaces with customers regarding technical aspects of Hobart Service’s services. The Service/Repair Supervisor/Lead is at an expert skill level demonstrating proficiency and working knowledge of several areas of installation and service-related functions. Provides problem resolution and troubleshooting to customers over the telephone. Assists with product updates. Relays customer feedback regarding products to appropriate individuals in sales, quality assurance, and product management. Determines best method to resolve problems ensuring customer satisfaction and adherence to the organization's policies. Provides guidance, training, and instruction to non-technical representatives. Possesses a thorough technical knowledge of assigned products.
- Installs, maintains, troubleshoots, and repairs commercial food equipment for customers on contract and/or time and material (i.e., T&M) basis
- Implements and supports standard operating procedures outlined in Hobart Service safety manuals and programs
- Supports branch and organization financial objectives through customer relations
- Maintains current organization, industry, and equipment knowledge
- Communicates with customers on-site and presents additional service offerings.
- Support senior staff technicians and mentors junior technicians with all technician duties.
- Responsible for basic vehicle maintenance, truck stock, and follows the company's safe driving and other applicable policies.
Education and Work Experience
- Associates Degree in Related Field
- Mechanical or electrical experience is preferred, but not required.
- Associates Degree is preferred, but not required.
- Experience installing, maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing commercial cooking and/or refrigeration equipment is highly desirable.
Certificates and Licenses
- Position/Location dependent. Industry certification is highly desirable.
Hobart Service, an Illinois Tool Works Company, has been in business for over 125 years and is the trusted source for Commercial Food Equipment Service Solutions. We have over 1,700 associates nationwide who serve as valued partners to our customers. Our employees are dedicated to providing the best customer service, give back to the communities where they live and work, and demonstrate the ITW values of Integrity, Simplicity, Trust, and Respect.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, dental, and life insurance, short and long-term disability benefits, holiday and vacation pay, 401(k) with liberal matching funds, and educational reimbursement.
Hobart Service is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ITW and Hobart Service are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for all employees. To demonstrate this commitment, Hobart Service is tobacco-free (including e-cigarettes) on campuses and within company vehicles and maintains a drug-free workplace.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
ManufacturingView all jobs at Hobart Service