Do you have the skills, quick thinking and sensitivity needed to navigate the administrative needs of a busy health clinic? Are you highly organized and capable of maintaining a steady patient flow? Are you ready to support a dedicated medical team as they address the challenges associated with ongoing patient care across a wide variety of diagnoses? If you said yes, keep reading – we may have the perfect opportunity for you.
As a Medical Assistant for Hoag Medical Group (HMG), you’ll give valuable clerical and back office assistance to medical teams providing direct outpatient care to our customers. Being a valuable member of the team at HMG, means joining a group of professionals dedicated to serving our community by engaging in research and education, implementing innovative technologies, and using evidence-based best practices as a standard of care.
With a dedication to excellence, innovation, compassion and integrity, HMG is a multispecialty physician group aligned with Hoag Hospital. Our Mission is to improve the health of our patients by providing a personalized healthcare experience, delivered with compassion and respect. HMG specializes in: Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, Pediatrics; Geriatrics, Rheumatology, Allergy and Immunology; Endocrinology, Sports Medicine, HIV Medicine and Diabetes. Our patients benefit from same-day appointments and extended hours, along with access to Hoag Urgent Care and our highly skilled Care Management team.
Under the direction of the Site Supervisor or Site Manager, you’ll perform a variety of back office and clerical duties to ensure an even patient flow and continuous communication within HMG-HMTS, referring physician offices, and organizational staff. Your work style will reflect the mission, vision and values of the Hoag Hospital Foundation and Hoag Hospital, providing exceptional patient care along with our dedicated medical teams.
Other duties may include:
• Greeting and assisting multiple patients, ensuring the promptness of their service; utilizing positive verbal tone while speaking with patients/customers in person or on the telephone.
• Answering telephones, scheduling appointments, and handling front-office responsibilities as needed.
• Escorting patients to the exam room.
• Assisting the RN by collecting, recording and reporting patient specific data that includes Total Physical Response, Blood Pressure, Respiratory Rate and Heart Rate.
• Collecting and handling lab specimens as directed, according to protocol.
• Clarifying all patient care instructions and promptly reporting unusual observations or changes in patient condition/behavior.
• Assisting physicians with examinations and procedures and carrying out orders as directed; ensuring patient care is delivered and the unit is maintained in accordance with professional regulatory standards.
• Cleaning exam areas, exam tables, instruments, emptying trash, and running errands.
• Restocking supplies in each treatment room, maintaining an appropriate par level; notifying appropriate staff members when supplies are needed to be ordered.
HMG employees consistently maintain a high standard of professional communication, appearance and conduct. They’re driven to excel in patient treatment, and they’re deeply passionate about their work. To that end, we’ll expect you to participate in our continuous quality improvement process and maintain a working knowledge of departmental and hospital standards, policies and procedures.
We’re keen on following safety measures and infection control protocols, being attentive to details, and having intimate knowledge of the populations we serve.
Hoag is the Place to Be
We believe that when you join HMG, you become part of a family. We’re deeply committed to giving back to those who help us serve our community, making your ongoing growth and development our priority. In addition to Pay for Performance salary increases, and sponsored training opportunities, HMG employees enjoy:
• Competitive 401 (k) program with matching contributions
• Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Excellent Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
We look for passion, an ownership mentality, and out-of-the box thinking. If this is you and Hoag Medical Group sounds like home, please apply. A member our Talent Acquisition Team will contact you if they want to know more.
• High school graduate or equivalent.
• Graduate of Medical Assistant program or equivalent work experience.
• Minimum one (1) year previous medical back-office experience, preferably within an acute healthcare system environment.
• Basic Life Support certification.
• Excellent communication skills, customer focused, excellent attention to detail, able to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines, strong interpersonal skills, able to work in a team environment.
• Basic keyboarding skills at 35 words per minute.
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word and Excel.
• Proven ability to interface with all customer levels (physicians, organizational staff, insurance companies, patients and family members).
• Basic knowledge of medical terminology.
• Associate or Bachelor degree in healthcare-related field.
• Qualified bilingual or multilingual candidates.
• A Certified Medical Assistant or a valid current Limited Phlebotomy Certification.