Government of Japan Liaison
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Ho'olaulima Government Solutions LLC (HGS) is a Small Business Administration-certified, Native Hawaiian Organization-Owned, 8(a) Small Business that provides services and solutions in the areas of Environmental Services, Information Technology Services, Healthcare Services and Professional and Technical Services to the Department of Defense and other Federal agencies.
HGS is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Kina'ole Foundation, a 501(c)(3) non-profit established to benefit Native Hawaiian communities.
You will receive a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Professional training reimbursement
- Disability insurance
- ...and much, much more!
Job Description: Provide technical services related to project management, design, acquisition, and construction management in support of the requirement to provide close coordination with Government of Japan (GOJ) for NAVFAC Engineering Systems Command Pacific.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the central point of contact at NAVFAC Pacific for the GOJ program, technical projects and financial issues pertaining to the Guam Buildup program.
- Provide close coordination between the United States Government (USG) and GOJ during project execution relative to contract administration, contract processes, source selection, design and construction.
- Review and understand technical problems and situations to assist government personnel in responding to and resolving GOJ comments and questions.
- Facilitate development of responses to technical GOJ questions and requested actions using experience and knowledge of facility design and construction.
- Coordinate the budgeting and request process for Japanese Funds.
- Track Japanese Cash Contribution amounts and expenditures.
- Track the management of the Japanese Funds contributions, calculate benchmark values and accrued interest, and develop and submit monthly obligation and expense reports.
- Communicate and coordinate with other GOJ Liaisons supporting NAVFAC to assist with facilitating the effective and efficient management of technical GOJ issues. Attend and observe GOJ project planning and design meetings, including GOJ policy meetings.
- Record minutes of meetings held with GOJ representatives and develop an Action Item List as part of the meeting minutes.
- Facilitate base access for GOJ personnel to required DOD facilities in Hawaii.
- Provide logistics support for policy meetings to include reservation of meetings rooms, meeting materials, and equipment.
- Provide Japanese to English translator duties as requested for NAVFAC Pacific.
Required Certifications, Licenses and Physical Requirements:
- Skilled in oral, written, and graphic communication.
- High degree of competence in use of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and MS Project) and other computer skills used to generate and manage data.
- A Bachelor's degree in Architecture or Engineering is desirable, but not required.
- A Professional License in Architecture or Engineering is desirable, but not required.
- Experience in facility design, construction, and/or maintenance.
- Japanese language verbal skills, comprehension and speaking ability (writing skills not required).
*Depending on contract award, this position may be part time*
HGS is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Hoʻolaulima Government Solutions, LLC, (HGS)
Get fresh Director Government jobs daily straight to your inbox!