Senior Project Manager
- Posted: over a month ago
Hitachi Solutions is a global Microsoft solutions integrator passionate about developing and delivering industry-focused solutions that support our clients to deliver on their business transformation goals. Our industry focus, expertise, and intellectual property is what truly sets us apart. We have earned, and continue to maintain, a strategic relationship with Microsoft. Recognized for our achievements - teaming with our clients to deliver innovative digital solutions and services - is how we have achieved year after year recognition.
As their trusted advisor, we support our clients to deliver on their strategic business initiatives as they unify, automate, and modernize their data and operations to increase efficiency, reduce costs, and enhance their customer’s experience. Our over 3,000 team members across 14 countries, and our 18 years of 100% focus on Microsoft technologies and business applications, is how we deliver excellence through expert services and industry-focused cloud solutions.
A part of Hitachi, Ltd., our company has a long and rich history of innovation, financial strength, and international presence of one of the world’s largest companies. Since 1910, Hitachi, Ltd. has been a leader in manufacturing innovative products and solutions that support industry and social infrastructure around the globe supported by 303,000 employees in over 100 countries and across 864 companies.Job Description
- Ability to manage project scope, risk, quality, cost, change management and schedule
- Working with project sponsor to develop project communications, set direction and goals, and determine priorities
- Facilitating risk assessment/mitigation sessions and follow through risk management with a balanced and business priority-driven approach
- Leveraging a solid understanding of the project management life cycle and related principles, methodologies and best practices and improves such processes and execution
- Manage and execute project budgets as well as ownership of project P&L
- Assist with the discovery and development of SOW’s, Change orders, etc.
- Participate in Steering Committee deliverables if required as part of project delivery process
- Provide leadership and communication to both customers and internal Hitachi Solutions stakeholders on project progressions, challenges, threats, etc.
- Participate in ongoing process improvement within Hitachi Solutions around practice, delivery teams and methodology initiatives
- Achieve a revenue managed portfolio of $1.7M or better
- Periodically support sales by providing estimates for new opportunities
- Performs other duties or tasks as assigned or required
- Complete Annual Review process for all team members
- Provide first line escalation point to your team on project and professional matters
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a professional services Project Management role
- Ability to communicate effectively with Senior Management (including business and IT C-level staff) and customers/vendors
- Balance of business knowledge and people management skills
- Applied experience with Project Management principles, practices, and methodologies such as AGILE, SCRUM, PMI, etc.
- Genuine passion for the work we do and the technologies we support
- Excellent judgment, strong interpersonal abilities, and an assertive team member
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Ability to think strategically in support of the bigger picture
- Ability to think outside of the box and find creative solutions to achieve organizational goals
- Positive mindset, results oriented and problem-solving attitude
Preferred Skills (optional):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, CIS, Engineering, or related field is preferred
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Experience with Azure DevOps or similar tools
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Knowledge of SCRUM framework
- CSM certification a plus
(This position can be based anywhere in the USA though travel will be required.)
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
TechnologyView all jobs at Hitachi Solutions