Hitachi Powdered Metals (USA), Inc., a division of Hitachi Chemical, is a state-of-the-art automotive parts manufacturer of Powdered Metal Engine Components. We are seeking a second shift Group Leader for our Greensburg facility.
The Group Leader supervises the production team on each shift, including the setup functions, to ensure that production, quantity and quality standards are maintained. The Group Leader will ensure that employees are properly trained, receive regular job performance feedback and are safety conscience at all times. They will also contribute to a work environment where fairness, equality and non-discriminatory practices are the standard.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for rectifying quality problems by discussing situations with other Group Leaders and the Quality team to decide on action to be taken.
- Ensures equipment is running necessary to meet proper cycle time and/or product quality.
- Verify daily job performance standards are being attained by team members daily.
- Performs job setups.
- Inspects and takes any corrective action necessary to ensure employee safety and product quality.
- Monitor shift and take whatever corrective action is necessary to maintain quality standards and procedures.
- Ensure that all aspects of his or her area of responsibility is in full compliance with the quality system in place at the operation at all times.
- Inform employees of changes to their day-to-day responsibilities and provide regular constructive feedback on their performance.
- Ensures that daily reports and paperwork is correct before forwarding to the Production Office.
- Ensures the cleanliness of the plant is maintained by team members.
- Ensures training requirements are maintained.
- Perform all assignments safely, including such tasks as lifting properly, wearing appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE), and following all safety policies and procedures at all times.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area utilizing the 6S policy in regards to policies, procedures, and daily activities.
- High school diploma
- 3 years manufacturing experience in a leadership role.
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively speak, write, and communicate in English
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Word and Excel
Must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
While performing the duties of this position, the associate is required to stand and/or walk for long periods of time. Associates are required to use their hands to hold and feel objects as well as to run machines and handle various types of tools and equipment. Associates must be able to lift up to 50 pounds repetitively.
This position operates in a manufacturing plant environment subject to loud noises, high temperatures, and dirty working conditions. Associates are required to wear safety shoes and safety glasses at all times while on production floor and around hazardous equipment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Hitachi Powdered Metals (USA), Inc. offers a competitive compensation program, as well as comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, prescription and 401k. Medical, dental, prescription, and vision insurance is available to employees starting on day one. Other benefits to employees include:
- Paid holidays
- Advancement opportunities
- Safety shoe and safety glasses reimbursement
- Vehicle supplier discounts
- Miscellaneous discounts (travel, electronics, etc.)
- Wellness Initiatives
- Referral Bonus
- Perfect Attendance Bonus
- Pet Insurance Discounts
- Identity Theft Protection Discounts
Affirmative action plan/equal employer opportunity (AAP/EEO) statement:
Hitachi Chemical Co. America, Ltd. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hitachi Chemical Co. America, Ltd. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Hitachi management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.