Hitachi Industrial Marking Solutions is looking for an experienced Sales Engineer to the Industrial
Components and Equipment Division in Elk Grove Village, IL. The position will be responsible for
supporting the sales & growth of Marking & Coding Products, Labeling, and Gluing Equipment along
with the supplies that support these products. The territories currently open are parts of the Chicago area and Indiana. He/she will create and implement the sales and marketing of HIMS products in the territory.
1. Increase sales volume with both new and existing HIMS products within the territory focusing on achieving HIMS budget goals.
2. Develop new customers and applications working alongside the HIMS support team.
3. Provide support to existing customers to lower their costs and assist in training their staff
4. Participate in and contribute to programs and/or activities as assigned by management
5. Grow your awareness of the applications & all products HIMS distributes in growing the business
6. Forecasting: Actively participate in the development of the sales forecast and developing the growth of the HIMS products in your territory.
7. Market Intelligence: Provide information to the Product Management team; customer value, competitive activities, regional market trends, and competitive comparisons.
8. Performance Communication: Assist management to communicate our business, product and territorial sales performance. Submit special reports as requested by HIMS staff in the assigned territory, acceptance, or rejection of the products and competitive conditions beneficial to the company management.
9. Work with HIMS inside support staff and technical support to further the growth of the business within each customer.
10. Trade-Shows & traveling: Work different trade shows to support the vendor and HIMS sales. Be willing to travel and stay overnight as needed within the territory or per management requirements which are reasonable for both parties.
1. Associate or BS degree, or comparable relevant industry experience
2. 5 or more years of Industrial sales preferable in the packaging, marking, labeling, gluing business
3. Have a solid understanding of local area networking and territory management to concepts and standards needed to sell and manage equipment sales.
4. Having a basic understanding of mechanical and electronic equipment
5. Willingness and desire to win and support the HIMS team, through sales & service of its’s products.
6. Strong Customer focus
7. Self-motivated, high initiative, self-directed.
8. Strong attention to details
10 Excellent verbal and written communication skills
11. Proficiency in Micro-soft Office Suite.
12. Ability to travel by vehicle on a daily basis and overnight 15%-30% in the U.S. assigned territory
as needed to meet growth and customer needs.