Supervisor, Second Shift
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Second Shift Supervisor is responsible for the day-to-day activities for the second shift departments and supervision of the production staff.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Oversee day-to-day activities for departments and supervise the production staff and tasks as to make sure that goods are completed in a timely manner.
· Transfer learned knowledge throughout all departments while building strong teamwork. Monitor, measure, and manage production within the departments, along with progress of R&D projects.
· Participate in hiring and training of new personnel for the company’s second shift staff.
· Identify opportunities for enhancement and suggest ways of improvement to top management of the organization.
· Train new hires in the department and serve as a lead contact for questions from staff.
· Regularly communicates and collaborates with management staff from QA, Engineering, ERP, Operations and Sales departments.
· Assist in the monitoring and measuring of various projects within the department.
· Assist in the development of new products and processes.
· Report and communicate questions, concerns, and updates to the department management.
· Perform testing and inspection with reports as needed for new projects.
· Lead special projects; perform other duties as assigned.
· Keep track of metrics and look for ways to increase production
· Participate as necessary with the maintenance, manufacturing engineering, finance and EH&S teams on projects of mutual responsibility.
· By example, foster a culture of high quality, departmental performance and individual accountability.
· Excellent communication skills and a track record of developing team members
· Able to work independently with minimal direction
· Proficient computer skills that include experience with Word, Excel, and ERP systems
· Must be able to supervise and direct multiple employees in a fast-paced, processing environment
· High level of communication skills, both verbal and written
· Ability to independently prioritize and manage multiple tasks
· Ability to understand specific directions
· Ability to follow and write guidelines that are common throughout the department
· Maintain a constant focus on quality and accuracy
· Ability to apply common sense reasoning to carry out instructions or solve problems
· Work with high level of initiative while under minimal supervision
· Technical aptitude and blueprint reading
This position is responsible for the oversight or performance management of other employees.
· Obey all safety rules, use caution in work activities, and continuously practice safe behaviors.
· Immediately report unsafe conditions/behaviors and work-related injuries to site supervision.
This job operates in a controlled manufacturing environment designed for sustained production. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud at times.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to sit, stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Little to no travel is expected for this position.
Education and Experience
· High school diploma or GED diploma
· Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent work experience in a lead role
- Experience in medical device manufacturing a plus
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
An Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer
Hitachi Cable America provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. As a Federal Contractor, we encourage priority referral of protected veterans under VEVRAA.
Hitachi Cable Manchester
RetailView all jobs at Hitachi Cable Manchester