- Posted: over a month ago
- $70,000 to $90,000 Yearly
- Benefits: medical, dental,
- All accounting functions – Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Profit & Loss, Balance Sheets, Financial Statements, Payroll, bank reconciliations, cash and funding balances, reconciliation of accounts with inventory software, invoicing payables and receiving, managing sales tax accounts, and all other accounts that require attention. All accounting is done using GAAP standards.
- Creating reporting tools and presenting end of day reports at the end of each day
- Working with management to create achievable pro-formas.
- Consistently review all payables to find ways to save the company money.
(we are a small business, so all employees have secondary duties - they are about 20% of the job - we'll can talk about how they work)
- Basic HR Management – ensure all required paper work is obtained on employees, manage health insurance plan/vendor, track PTO, etc…(we have less than 10 employees, so this is not a time-consuming task)
- Office management – includes proper functioning of equipment, installation of software, and interfacing with vendors to ensure the proper functioning network.
- Marketing support – setup / maintain mailing list, manage advertising partners (newspaper, billboard, radio)
- Thorough knowledge of and experience with QuickBooks, Excel spreadsheets and Google Docs. CPA license is not required.
- Experience in managing AP, AR, Payroll and all matters relating to same including payroll tax payments and quarterly reports, and all other items outlined above
- Fully versed in modern office technology (basics of working in the cloud, understanding the essentials of an office network, printer troubleshooting, etc…)
- Detail and results oriented
- Excellent organizational skills
- Able to take coaching and feedback constructively
- Ability to take initiative and solve problems independently
- Is great at organizing and are creating systems
- Comfortable being the “generalist” in an office of nerdy specialists
Historic SF Collectibles is one of the nation’s most loved and recognized collectible companies in the county. Founded in 1960, it is still a family owned and operated business.
In addition to the responsibilites listed below, it would be a bonus (but not a requirement) to find someone who had some curiosity and interest in our field of numismatics and collectibles. While interactions with inventory is not a part of your job, you will be steeped in an environment full of history, storytelling and technical expertise.
Working here is more like working on the set of a Discovery Channel or PBS show (think Antiques Roadshow, Pawn Stars or American Restoration.) That said, this position involves the traditional skill set of an accountant. (It just might be even more enjoyable for someone who has an anecdotal interest in our quirky trade.)
While no one can predict the future, we like the idea of hiring someone who can see themselves here for several years. Despite being a small business, we continue to grow and expand year over year and value our employees’ role in that. We are an office of less than 10 employees in an environment with lots of camaraderie and teamwork - so the ideal candidate will value this environment and thrive in it.
Job Type: Full-time
Historic SF Collectibles
AddressSan Francisco, CA
Finance and Insurance
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?