Diesel Technician - Springfield, MA
- Posted: over a month ago
Duties & Responsibilities
- Identifies, diagnoses, and resolves tractor and occasional trailer related problems
- Responsible for the accurate and timely completion of necessary company paperwork repair orders, indirect labor forms, etc
- Performs preventive maintenance (PM’s) on tractor and trailer equipment as assigned.
- Properly categorize repairs (i.e. Preventative Maintenance, Component Failure, Abuse, and Accident, according to current company standards)
- Accurately record parts and supplies used in performing repairs, which may include scanning bar codes of parts, and recording consumable supplies
- Accurately record repair stories in order to properly document complaints, causes and corrections of component failures, and enable the company to recover warrantable expenses
- Position includes bending, lifting (up to 100 pounds), climbing, as it relates to maintenance of Class 8 equipment
- Assist other mechanics as needed
- High School Diploma or equivalent in education
- Two years’ experience in Fleet Maintenance, or Technical School Degree is preferred
- Previous experience with the repair, maintenance, and diagnosis of Class 8 equipment not limited to general driver repair requests, warranty repair requests, on-board vehicle electronics, etc
- Previous experience with general welding skills in non-standard situations and on varying materials
- Valid Driver's License
- Basic computer skills as it applies to diagnostic tooling
Pay & Benefits
- $21-$40/hr based on experience + Weekly Bonuses
- $2/hr shift premium for 2nd shift positions
- $2-$5k sign-on based on experience
- $1,200/annual tool allowance
- $10,000 Retention Bonus! Come join our team and stay awhile. $5,000 paid on your first year anniversary and another after 2 years of service with Hirschbach!
- Paid OEM training
- Full comprehensive benefit plan, includes medical, dental, vision, company paid disability and life insurance, and more voluntary elections!
- Paid Time Off earned within your first year
EOE. Offer of employment is contingent on the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Powered by JazzHR
Hirschbach Motor Lines
AutomotiveView all jobs at Hirschbach Motor Lines