- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Controller provides sales and expense analyses for all departments. Fairly represents the financial condition of the dealership, develops controls necessary for the proper conduct of the business, and maintains accurate records. This position interacts daily with Accounting Associates, Sales Associates, Service Managers, support staff and customers, just to name a few.
The Controller is a key position that reports to the General Manager and the Corporate CFO. The Controller supports the entire accounting function and financial reporting for our dealership. This position will work closely with management and other departments to help ensure harmonious and productive operations, which will help maximize the success of the dealerships. Successful Candidates must be able to maintain excellent business relations with customers, both internally and externally. Candidates will also be expected to help develop and motivate accounting associates to ensure that performance metrics are being met or exceeded.
Other essential responsibilities:
- Prepare complete financial statements and submit to the manufacture and management in accordance with established timeframes
- Interpret and analyze financial statements
- Keep the General Manager informed on the trends and cash needs of the business
- Develop and maintain an effective cash management system
- Manage the day to day accounting operations of the store to ensure that all transactions are recorded in compliance with dealership accounting processes and policies
- Close the books accurately each month
- Prepare and submit required statements and reports
- Manage and safeguard the stores assets and ensure that internal controls are in place
- Assist department managers in reading and interpreting their financial reports and in creating action plans needed to improve their operation
- Respond to request for information and assistance in a timely manner
- Work with General Manager to improve revenue or reduce expense in order to meet or exceed budget and grow the business
- Work with staff to ensure that corporate initiatives are attained
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Three years of experience in a dealership position (preferred)
- Working knowledge of dealership financial statements
- Ability to explain technical financial information in an understandable manner
- Excellent communication skills
Compensation and Rewards include:
- Competitive Salary
- Performance Bonus
- Healthcare and 401(k) with Match
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Hiring Winners