We seek a highly effective Sr VP Operations for a well-respected manufacturing leader.
The Sr VP Operations will develop and implement new and improved operations and processes, all with a committed focus on safety, quality, service and cost.
This includes manufacturing, manufacturing support, and distribution activities. The Sr VP Operations leads continuous improvement plant operations along with direct reports including safety, quality, supply chain, and production of operations at a full P&L level. In addition, this position manages labor and expenses in line with budget and plant volume.
Focus is manufacturing with cross-functional responsibilities with Supply Chain, Quality, Marketing / Sales, and Engineering and R&D.
Reports directly to the CEO.
- Direct and coordinate safe plant operations within company policies and procedures.
- Establish and direct plant policies and procedures.
- Responsible for plant production goals. Establish and maintain a positive community relationship.Foster a well-trained and motivated staff. Confer with department heads to ensure coordination of purchasing, production, and shipping.Select and train plant supervisory and administrative staff.Schedule and conduct plant meetings.Responsible for the product quality control for the plant.
- 10+ yrs manufacturing leadership experience
- 4 year bachelor's degree essential - Engineering, Finance, Operations preferred.
- Continuous Improvement / Process Improvement / Lean / TPM experience essential.
- Knowledge of budgeting, regulatory compliance, and quality systems.