Do you have at least 3 years experience working in a Marketing/Advertising position within the travel industry? Or have you worked directly in the marketing department for a hotel or resort? Do you understand the language of increasing hotel revenue, occupancy, REVPar and maintaining higher ADRs? Do you know the difference between marketing to consumer and trade for travel? If this sounds like something you are familiar with and you know what you're talking about, then you may be our next hire.
This position requires the candidate to have knowledge in the hotel industry. You will be working closely with a team of individuals that prepare and execute strategies for resorts and travel clients. You will have direct contact with many of our clients, and at times will be preparing and discussing the marketing/creative strategies to present.
About The Company:
Bring in the travel and tourism segment for over 27 years, our agency has earned a stellar reputation for delivering a wide range of creative, digital and social marketing solutions for clients in South Florida and the Caribbean. Our resort division is growing and we need experienced staff members that can communicate our expertise with travel clients while offering expert advice on trends and strategies throughout the industry.
You’ll be the face and the voice of the agency to a premiere list of travel and tourism clients, as well as some local clients. The team will rely on you to provide great service, professional judgment, and expertise so that our clients continue to experience the exceptional value they’ve been accustomed to.
Your main responsibility is to act as the link between the agency and the client; managing the account relationship, reviewing and suggesting marketing initiatives, communicating their needs to creative, media and digital departments, ensuring that all projects are completed on time and within the budget guidelines provided. You're addition to the team will allow us to grow current client business, and assist engaging new business efforts as we grow this category for the agency.
- The Ideal candidate will have a minimum 3 years experience working with or at an advertising agency, with direct experience within the Travel & Tourism sector. Or will have worked for 3 years at a hotel.
- Travel & Tourism experience in the Caribbean and Mexico a plus.
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, terminology, practices, and procedures within the Travel & Tourism field, such as: Travel Agents, OTA’s, Directs, Email Marketing, Online Campaigns, Flash Sales, Rack Rates, etc, etc. Standard Travel knowledge.
- Assess the needs of the client and be able to offer logical industry recommendations to increase their business. Communicate clearly the clients needs to internal departments, and be able to relay those recommendations to the client.
- Constant supervision of open projects, ensuring they are meeting the clients’ expectations and deadlines. This is made easier with cloud-based job-workflow to set deadlines and manage tasks.
- Ability to explain marketing concepts (both traditional and digital) to clients based on recommendations provided by an internal marketing team.
- Basic understanding of Internet marketing concepts using jargon such as; SEO, PPC, Display/Banner Advertising, Content Marketing, Social Media Marketing, Meta-Search Inventory Marketing (ex: Kayak.com), Landing Pages, Conversion Marketing, and others. Not necessary to have ability to execute any of these activities, but must be able to speak to them at a high-level to review basic reporting of campaign performance and explain strategic recommendations made by the Digital Strategist assigned to the account.
- Ability to review basic internet marketing performance reporting with the client to demonstrate the success of the program using metrics like; Conversion Rate, Traffic by Source, Cost-Per-Action (or Cost-Per-Lead), Cost-Per-Click, Cost-Per-Booking, Cost-Per-Visitor. For advanced client discussions the assigned Digital Strategist will assist.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite applications Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Ability to prepare, execute and report marketing plans.
- Coordinate marketing programs and report on success.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Professional appearance and GREAT attitude.
- Proven experience working under and meeting tight deadlines.
- Some client travel may be required (up to 15%).
We’re looking for someone who is looking for growth potential in a career they love. This candidate has the potential to lead and drive this vertical to its fullest potential. If you like learning new things, enjoy variety, like to find solutions and help others, and you have all of the requirements, we’d love to talk. Great benefits and a centrally located workplace in the Coral Gables area.
Must submit resumé, no direct submissions. (THIS IS NOT A REMOTE POSITION - FULL TIME IN OFFICE)