911 Call Taker
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position: 911 Call Taker
Location: Longmont, CO
Duration: Full time
- High school diploma required. Associate's degree in communications, business, or similar field preferred.
- Equivalent work experience in a similar position may be substituted for educational requirements Experience.
- One year experience in emergency services dispatching in a 9-1-1 center or similar environment required Other.
- Basic knowledge of MS Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint required.
- May be required to work varying shifts.
Nice to have:
- 24/7 on call experience preferred 1 year in emergency communications (could be EMT dispatch, 911 call taking, veterans, etc.)
- We are looking for positive, highly motivated and caring people who want to make a difference for the citizens we serve and FIRST first responders across the nation.
- 911 call takers with a minimum of 1 year of experience are strongly encouraged to apply
- Take advantage of this opportunity to join a fast-paced, technology driven company that supports 911 and public safety
- Demand for our services continue to grow.
- We are a national 911 center
- We receive calls from North America, including all 50 states, Canada, Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, the Northern Mariana Islands and the U.S. Virgin Islands
- Once we determine the caller's location, we then transfer them to the geographically appropriate PSAP
- The team handles approximately 20,000 calls per month.
- We answer 911 calls for many solutions including: o Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) o Wireless and Voice over WIFI (VoWIFI) o Satellite Phones o Telematics o Interim Text-to-9-1-1 Relay Solution o Telecommunication Relay Services (TRS) & Video Relay Services (VRS).
Get fresh Teacher On Call jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.