Manual Test Engineer, Senior
Job Location:ft. collins
- The Manual Test Engineer, Senior must be knowledgeable and experienced as a Quality Assurance Test Engineer for testing web-based and desktop applications, software engineering practices, quality assurance standards, interpretation of product requirements, test plan development, test case development, and testing of software functionality, and usability (508 compliance experience a plus).
- Test plan and test case development
- Manual and automated testing of software functionality, installation, and regression
- Bug management and error tracking
- Test report documentation
- Coordination and prioritization of testing activities and the ability to work with multiple development teams and software projects are also critical for the selected candidate.
- Bachelor's degree--preferably in Computer Science, Software Engineering, similar discipline, or
- 5 years of structured software quality assurance engineering experience is required. Hands-on experience with creation of test plans, development and execution of test cases and reporting and dissemination of test results is a must.
- Experience with Quality Assurance practices and Testing Methodologies
- Test Plan and Test Case Development based on software engineering documentation (testing based on
- product requirements)
- Experience with executing functional, usability, and deployment testing. Experience with formal testing of complex server-based software systems
- Multi-tier computing environments including load balanced application (middleware) servers supported by back end database servers
- Test execution experience in .NET/C# environment
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server and SQL scripting
- Experience with reporting of test results
- Experience with commercial bug management systems
- Operating system management experience with Windows Server 2012
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office tool suite (including Visio)
- Demonstrated Documentation and Reporting experience
- Experience testing in an agile development environment
- Excellent analytical and problem determination skills
- Basic understanding of program interfaces, services, database, messaging, files systems, and other program objects.
- Candidate must have the ability to independently troubleshoot software issues.
- Successful candidate is subject to a background investigation by the government and must be able to meet the requirements to hold a position ofpublic trust.
- Experience with Rational Quality Manager
- Experience with automated testing applications similar to Visual Studio or Rational Functional Tester.
- Experience testing products developed within the Pega framework Document management system experience
- Production software development experience with 2-3 structured Microsoft Visual Studio, Microsoft C# and ASP.NET, Web Services and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)n experience
- Cross-browser DHTML web design and testing
- Experience with the compliance requirements of Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act for web applications design.
- Experience with source control management software, such as TortoiseSVN/Subversion
- Working background in GIS technologies such as ESRI including ArcSDE, ArcIMS, ArcGIS
- Scripting Proficiency (i.e. Cygwin, Dos, Bash, Perl, Python, and/or VBscript)
Please submit your resume for consideration. Once submitted, feel free to contact Esha at209-286-7401for additional information.
Approx. Duration: 2 years
About Hired By Matrix
Hired by Matrix, Inc. founded in 1986, is a certified Woman-Owned Business Enterprise (WBE) dedicated to providing the highest quality of job opportunities to our candidates and staffing services to our clients. We are a full service staffing firm with experience recruiting and delivering for IT, Accounting & Finance, Administrative & Clerical, Clinical & Scientific, and Marketing disciplines. Our long history in the staffing industry and dedication to excellence are the key differentiators that have fueled our success for over 30 years.
Hired by Matrix offers our contract professionals competitive salaries, benefits after 60 days and a 401k option after one year.Equal Opportunity EmployerWBENC CertifiedWOSB Certified*CEO Sharon Olzerowicz serves on the WBENC Board and is a long-standing member of the Forum Governing Group.
We work hard to match our candidates with the right career opportunities. Let us find you a#MatrixMatchso you can reach your career goals!
Connect with us on LinkedIn and see how we can impact your career!
Hired by Matrix Career Center:https://www.hiredbymatrix.com/find-work/open-positions/