Principal Software Developer
- Posted: June 30, 2022
What's "Onymos"? It's like the opposite of anonymous. We want to be the app foundation everyone's using - so we're building a revolutionary XaaS composition platform to create awesome applications!
And we don't want our team members to be "anonymous" either. We're looking for software engineers who share bold ideas, challenge our assumptions, teach us new things, and are cross-functional collaborators. If that sounds like you, well, we'd love you to join us!
What will you do?
- You're an architect and technical team leader. You'll define the architectural principles and engineering practices that help the team realize the company's vision. You'll work closely with the rest of the leadership team, define roadmaps, and use your technical expertise to enhance the Onymos XaaS platform.
- You will contribute and participate in all stages of the product lifecycle - from concept to release. You will be hands-on, writing code, leading by example.
- You'll build robust, scalable, and first-of-their-kind Feature Application Components (or FACs), the building blocks for the Onymos XaaS platform, extend FACs to new mobile/web frameworks & cloud services and create impressive apps with FACs.
- You'll ensure the quality, performance, usability and security of releases
- Cultivate innovation by driving cross-collaboration and execution of product goals across multiple teams
- Lead parallel product tracks
- Manage priorities, timelines, and releases
- Support and mentor team members; train team members in design techniques and codingpractices
- Provide technical support to customers and sales & marketing teams
- Rapidly adapt to product changes and priorities
- Have a tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Stay current with our technology stack and industry developments
- Be an influencer in the app development community
- Innovate new features, accidentally break something, fix it, then do it all over again
Who are you?
- You're supportive, thoughtful, and kind
- You're curious, driven and does not shy from any task
- You have a BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience
- At least 12+ years of software development experience across web and mobile applications including 5+ years of being a technical leader
- You have 3+ years of experience designing and shipping REST services
- You have programming experience with at least one or more of Java, Swift, Kotlin, C++, or C#
- You are an expert in developing iOS and/or Android mobile apps
- You've experienced the entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Test Driven Development and Agile methodologies
- You know Git and you've used either GitHub or Bitbucket
- You have experience with modern containerization and orchestration tools
- You have experience with modern CI/CD tools like Jenkins, GitLab Runner, or similar
- You have experience with SQL and/or NoSQL databases
- You have expertise in cloud services like Azure, AWS, and/or GCP (databases, hosting/running RESTful APIs, and security), cloud governance at a scale
- You care about the work you do. You won't just wing it on the last day before a deadline.
- You can communicate your vision, ideas, concepts, and solutions to technical and non-technical people
What could set you apart?
- You have a strong technical background and a solid foundation in software engineering principles and architecture design
- You've got the ability to balance the desire to ship code quickly with the responsibility to make good technical decisions
- You have customer and partner engagement experience with a proven track record of success
- You have experience working with product, business, and UX design teams to deliver solutions
- You have experience mentoring, team building, and leading
- You have strong people skills so you can connect authentically with stakeholders and other developers
- You have experience in IT Compliance and Risk Management (Security, Privacy SOX, HIPAA and more)
- You're continuously learning and applying new technologies, architectures, and methodologies to improve the code and the way we do things around here
Competitive benefits package, including 401K, medical, dental, and vision insurance.
Remote until local COVID-19 restrictions are in place. Will adhere to all local, state and federal guidelines for employee safety.
One Location (San Francisco, CA)
AddressSan Francisco, CA
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?