Embedded Software Engineer
US citizenship required
Expedition Technology is seeking a highly motivated Embedded Software Engineer to work with some of the brightest professionals in machine learning and artificial intelligence. Bring your passion for embedded software, digital signal processing and FPGA development to create new and innovative system solutions with a team that is leading the way in developing AI-driven applications for the Department of Defense and the Intelligence Community.
We are seeking an individual who is able to:
- Develop embedded digital processing architectures used for signal processing, high-speed data transfers, and machine learning on a variety of embedded platforms
- Demonstrate experience with Software Defined Radio (SDR) and GNU radio (We use Ettus.)
- Implement complex system algorithms and interfaces in FPGAs for Radar and EW systems
- Interact with system engineers to drive requirements, develop FPGA architectures, make system trade decisions, implement, test, and verify designs through simulation and lab test
- Develop embedded software for devices with tight memory and processing resources while delivering real-time embedded components operating in a challenging and demanding environment
- Use their C/C++ or Python skills for bare metal embedded programing
- Develop, build, and debug Real-Time Operating System (RTOS) environments
- Provide technical advice to shape the process and methods needed to design, develop, test and maintain and enhance real-time embedded applications
- Utilize their experience with lab equipment: oscilloscopes, voltmeters, basic operational amplifiers, power supplies, spectrum analyzers, analog to digital and digital to analog converter circuits
- Define embedded architectures that include partitioning of hardware, FPGA, and software resources to achieve an implementable solution
- Interact with clients as well as the system engineering team
- Develop and document technical capabilities for customer presentation
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams on existing and new system solutions
- US Citizenship- all employees MUST be US Citizens due to the requirement of obtaining and maintaining a US Government Security Clearance of Top Secret or higher.
- Education - BS or higher in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related field, advanced degrees welcome and encouraged
- Experience- 5+ years of embedded system development, 5+ years of FPGA development
- Languages - C, C++, Python, Verilog, VHDL, plus scripting languages
- Operating Systems – Ubuntu Linux (as development environment)
- Must be eligible to obtain and maintain, or currently possess a US Government Security clearance of Top Secret or higher- active TS/SCI preferred.
Desired Skills & Tool Experience:
- XILINX SOC implementations
- Cross compiling, GCC, toolchain management
- Experience with radar and communication signals, digital signal processing techniques
- Experience developing embedded software for devices with tight memory and performance constraints
- Comfortable with RTOS principles like memory management and caches, pointers and memory addressing, inter-process communication
- Understand and leverage data structures: struct, array, linked list, queue, hash tables
- Experience with Machine Learning and Deep Learning
- Vulnerability research, reverse engineering with tools like IDA
- Experience with encryption and compression
- Preferred languages - Python, Bash, GNU Make, C++
- Active US Government Security Clearance (TS/SCI) strongly preferred
Expedition Technology (EXP) is an employee-owned defense and aerospace technology small business that has become a market leader in developing software applications running advanced machine learning algorithms for the DOD and Intelligence Communities. We offer a collaborative team-based culture, a people-first mentality and a focus on cutting edge solutions.
We offer self-directed, company-paid, medical, dental and vision benefits. Additionally, our team enjoys a 401k with up to 12% company match, equity shares, paid holidays, paid time off, tuition reimbursement programs and a student loan repayment option. Most importantly, we offer an environment where we are encouraged to push boundaries, take risks and enjoy the rewards.
EXP is proud that our dynamic and collaborative culture along with our generous benefits package allowed us to earn a spot on the 2019 Washington Business Journal's Best Places to Work List.
If you are interested in seeing for yourself why our employees' voices made us a Best Place to Work, we'd love to talk with you.
EXP is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer that believes a diverse range of talent creates an environment that fuels creativity and innovation. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, national origin, genetic information or protected veteran status.