Title: Software Engineer I
Location: Holtsville NY
Duration: 6 months
Performs all roles in managing Engineering Tools, automating and improving software deployments & system operations. Understands automation technology and how it is best applied to reach a continuous deployment, continuous automation goal. Tools automation scripts capable of operating solutions with minimal manual maintenance. Works effectively in a global environment supporting mission critical Tools on GCP cloud or On-premise.
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration ((RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu)) and Cloud Infrastructure like GCP (Preferred) or AWS
- Strong with SQL databases (MSSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Cassandra, etc)
- Experience working in Windows environments (Server 2016, Windows 7/10)
- Experience with scripting languages and using them in automation (primarily Bash and Ruby, others are a plus)
- Experience working with JAVA based applications.
- Experience installing and administering applications in Windows & Linux
- Experience with automation/configuration management tools Ansible, Chef, Puppet or an equivalent
- Experience building and maintaining production systems on GCP or AWS, Auto Scaling, VPC etc. and familiarity interacting with the GCP/AWS APIs/CLIs
- Experience with Monitoring tool sets and custom alerting, log analysis
- Experience with running front-end applications like Apache, NodeJS, load balancers and similar technologies in production environment
- Experience with open source infrastructure such as AMQ, Tomcat, memcached, JVM for example
- Knowledge about networking and security (TCP/IP, IPSec, Tcpdump)
- Experience with container technologies
- Experience configuring and supporting git-based VCS (GitLab [preferred], GitHub [preferred], Bitbucket [optional])
- Work with team contributing to design and architecture
- Conduct Performance Testing to ensure system reliability, capacity and scalability.
- Experience working with Agile methodologies
- Collaborate with team members from Development, QA and Support
- Experience with Continuous Integration (Jenkins) and Continuous Delivery
- *Ability to quickly triage problems, identify root causes, and drive issue resolution
- *5+ years' experience building scalable production environments and automation
- *Bachelor's degree in computer science or related degree.