The primary role of the Sales Manager - Components & eSports, is to create/own a sales growth plan and lead a team focused on System Builder, Data Center and Gaming technologies. The Sales Manager should have a strong understanding of the Components and eSports marketplace as well as related services, key vendors and the primary customer segments ( Retail, DMR, System Builder, Gaming, VAR). The role also includes knowledge of key vendors including Intel, AMD and NVIDIA, as well as related sub categories: CPU/GPU, SSD, Storage, etc.). The leader will work in tandem with the sales organization, marketing, vendor management, and with targeted vendor partners to coordinate, develop and execute respective sales plans.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops comprehensive sales plans covering financial growth and margin goals, customer segment initiatives, investments and go to market plans.
- Creates and executes the eSports / Gaming sales growth plan.
- Responsible for managing a solutions/category sales team to achieve goals and follow through on sales management priorities.
- Teams with VBM’s, Marketing, Solutions, Buying, and other departments to develop and execute category business plans.
- Is currently an expert and/or works to become an expert in current category/solutions area.
- Stays on top of all category/solutions sales trends in key customer and product segments, including Intel, AMD, NVidia.
- Strong understanding of category/solutions products, services and programs.
- Intimate with all key vendors including Intel, WD, Micron, AMD and MSI.
- Drives the team’s sales efforts and individual and group priorities; executing plans; establishing buy-in from the team and individual members.
- Responsible for driving and motivating core sales teams to sell category/solution sales on a daily/weekly basis.
- Contributes to quota setting process for select categories.
- Leads team to overachieve all revenue, breadth, and margin percent sales goals.
- Develops talent through daily coaching & mentoring.
- Responsible for maintaining high level of customer service, and satisfaction including setting and meeting key SLA standards.
- Understands category market, including top channel customers, vendors, and market pricing/conditions.
- Handles customer and/or vendor requests as needed and issues when escalated.
- Works with vendors to develop sales plans, strategic initiatives, and sales driving activities.
- Conducts meetings with internal teams and vendors to review ongoing “go to market” plans, key initiatives, QBR’s, sales results, and hold ongoing status meetings.
- Teams with marketing to develop sales driving activities and programs.
- Spends 30%+ of time traveling to customers, vendors, and national events.
- Manages employees including PTO, Time clock records, performance reviews, and discipline.
- Manages employees in accordance with company policies.
- Ongoing reporting as required.
- Attends trainings for vendors or the job role as needed.
- Recruits and hires new specialty sales members as necessary.
- Adheres to and enforce all company policies, procedures and ethics including attendance.
· This position has supervisory responsibility for the category sales team. This position also works cross functionally in a leadership capacity within the Category Management Structure and across the entire organization.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor's Degree in Business or equivalent industry experience.
· Basic Microsoft Office, CRM, and office productivity software familiarity.
· 5+ years of experience providing technical enablement with solid, demonstrated performance.
· Strong sales and leadership acumen and ability to maintain industry knowledge.
· Ability to recruit, train, develop, inspire, and retain top personnel talent.
· Strong relationship management skills.
· Cross-functional team leadership and personnel management skills.
· Strong presentation and communication skills.
· Strong negotiation skills with ability to develop contracts and partnership agreements.
· Ability to build operational processes.
· Analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to think and work creatively to develop joint value propositions.
· Executive presence and ability to conduct professional meetings.
· Self-motivated with good time management skills.
· Results oriented with strong financial forecasting skills.
· Ability to qualify and prioritize business opportunities.