Director of Field Engineering, Audio Visual
Location: Anywhere in the United States / National Travel
Come join a growing national Systems Integrator that specializes in the integration of a wide range of AV technology, including telepresence, collaboration, IP video streaming, command centers, and the occasional professional audio system. We are a tight-knit, no-nonsense team capable of delivering multi-million-dollar projects. We uniquely offer the agility and anti-red tape culture of a lean small business combined with the prestige and professional challenge of deploying projects for Fortune 500 companies, elite universities, and federal government agencies.
We offer a competitive salary and complete benefits package, including 4 weeks paid time off, profit-sharing plan, retirement plan, platinum-level health and dental insurance plans, and reimbursement for continuing education.
Are you a rock star that can lead large teams, communicate well with the customer, identify technical problems and fix them? This is the fun challenge you’ve been looking for!
- Develop granular task lists to keep a team of 15 installers working.
- Identify hardware lead time dependencies and coordinate installation efforts around them while keeping the project on schedule.
- Communicate site readiness requirements to the customer in clear written communications that will potentially have legal ramifications.
- Understand and communicate network and cyber-security requirements to Enterprise customer IT and Cyber teams to deliver high bandwidth multicast AV deployments on existing corporate networks
- Program DSP
- Load and Debug Crestron Code
- Work in CAD to the extent required to update as-builts and do sketches to coordinate infrastructure etc in the field
- Identify opportunities to cross sell and push those leads to salespeople
- Generally keep large complex customers happy
- Predict issues before they happen and take steps to mitigate.
- Ensure project deliverables are provided to the customer and that jobs are closed out properly.
- Manage multiple teams simultaneously, identify critical stages of each project and be physically present at the highest priority location at the right time in the project to make sure the individual project leads are successful.
- Make sure the job is profitable and adjust as required.
- Engage subcontractors as required to complete the projects.
Remote + Travel up to 90%. All expenses paid, company credit card provided. You can live anywhere you want.
This is a fun and challenging opportunity that will have you visiting top cities throughout the country.
InfoComm / AVIXA CTS-D required, CTS-I is a plus.
Top Secret clearance eligibility required.
PMP is a plus.
CCNA is a major plus. Candidate must possess a strong networking background.
Audio Visual, Audio-Visual, AV, A/V, ProAV, Crestron, NVX, InfoComm, AVIXA, Biamp, Cisco, DoD, Security Clearance